Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    repcoachdave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Rough in for toilet
    How far off the wall do you put the hole for the toilet drain?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Hi Dave:

The average toilet is roughed in at 12" to center of drain pipe from FINISHED WALL.

Most of us here agree, however, that a better fit nowadays is measured at 11.5" from the finished wall, i.e., 12" from the ROUGH WALL STUDS... ;) This will usually leave about 1" to 1.5" between tank/tank lid and the finished wall.

For an even better fit you would need to purchase the toilet and assemble and fit it against a wall to measure best fit. Allow a minimum of 1/2" between tank/tank lid and the finished wall if you do this.

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet rough-in [ 5 Answers ]

How far from the roughin wall to center line of waste should I set the toilet?

Toilet rough ins [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am in sales and I had a customer ask if he needed a 12 or a ten in rough if he was 11" from the wall. I think he needs 12 my co workers aren't sure what do you guys think? And how do I determine the differences? :confused: Thanks ami

How do I replace a 10in rough in toilet with a 12in toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I have new 12in one piece toilet that I need to fit in a 10in rough in space.

Toilet rough in [ 1 Answers ]

What do I have to do to rough in a toilet?

Need to replace toilet, rough-in 20" from the wall, toilet has four mounting holes [ 3 Answers ]

In a nutshell, we need to replace our existing toilet. However, the toilet has a rough-in of about 20"+ to the closet flange and the toilet has four mounting holes on the base. The toilet is connected to the closet flange via the front two holes (and nothing in the back two holes). I bought the...

View more questions Search