Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puddlebuddy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 01:23 AM
    Nose piercing bump
    I got my nose pierced 2 weeks ago and within the first week a bump started showing up I called the piercing place to see what I should do and they said camelmille tea so I been using that for a week it does not seem to do anything. Will it go away on its own or should I use something else
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2009, 02:01 AM
    Its called a keloid and it forms from over active scar tissue... try crushing aspirin and mixing it with a small amount of water to make a paste and put it on every day for a while... you might just be very susceptible to keloids but you should talk to your doctor. There are surgeries to rid them but they come back.
    emmalem Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2010, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennnaaaay View Post
    its called a keloid and it forms from over active scar tissue....try crushing aspirin and mixing it with a small amount of water to make a paste and put it on every day for a while....you might just be very susceptible to keloids but you should talk to your doctor. there are surgeries to rid them but they come back.
    The aspirin can be mixed with lemon and honey too (natural antiseptic) It's not necessarily a Keloid! There are three types of bumps that commonly occur around nose piercings. The most serious being Keloids which you may not be able to get rid of - but this is the least common.

Most commonly, you're looking at a granuloma - which is a liquid pocket (it might not look like it contains liquid, but it does), I got a bump about 2 weeks ago, I felt like it wasn't going to go away. I'd read horror stories all over the internet about keloids and I just wanted it to go. So I called my piercer who said make sure I don't pop it and to use sea salt soaks twice or three times a day. Basically, just put a teaspoon of SEA salt into a full mug of hot water. Leave it to cool a little bit and then just dip in a piece of cotton wool and hold that cotton wool over your bump until the wool is cool. When it is cool, take it off and dry the area. If it doesn't start to make a difference within a couple of days you can use diluted tea tree oil.

I went to the doctor and she prescribed me with a cream called Fucidin H - an antibiotic cream. I was a bit skeptical because my piercer had told me to keep the area dry but I put a bit on in the morning and in the evening and it has cleared up almost 100% in two days.

I think everyone heals differently, so I wouldn't panic! But if you are worried because it is taking a long time to heal - Go and visit your doctor and express your concern about a "granuloma". Hope this helps. =]
    emmalem Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2010, 04:07 AM

P.s. The piercer said don't pop a piercing bump, but mine accidentally popped while I was asleep. It was messy (gross), but when I woke up and cleaned around the area it seemed to heal pretty quickly.
    shamrock121691 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 12:24 PM
    I have the same problem right now! And honestly mine it little and filled with something, doesn't hurt, but looks gross. What should I do? It looks like a little blister.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on inside of nose from nose piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I have had my nose pierced for about two months now . It was pierced by the gun. I have heard that is bad. After 3 days I changed my nose pin. Then after one week I changed it again. After one month I had a big red blister outside my nose. I guess a blood blister? After popping it . The blister...

Is this nose piercing bump a keloid? [ 20 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if this bump around my nose pierce looks 'normal'? The piercing is almost a month old and this bump has only gotten a little smaller in the last week. I had another one earlier in the piercing that was smaller and shrank a bit, but didn't go away completely. My piercer said...

Nose bump after piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have had my nose done for about 1 month and a couple weeks. I had to take out my nose ring for numerous reasons including gym class, work, and cheerleading. It was probably a stupid idea to get it done in the first place, but whatever. Anyway, I kept taking it in and out for a while and no...

Bump on nose piercing pushes ring out [ 5 Answers ]

So, I pierced my nose twice before already. I noticed some other people having the same bump I did however, when I had my bump, it would literally push out the ring. Both times I had it pierced it came out completely and couldn't get it back in. I want to pierce my nose again because I loved it...

View more questions Search