Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 14, 2009, 04:28 PM
    You have SELF HATRED issues blah blah.
    I'm going to scratch the next person who says that to me...

If you want to go lay in a tanning bed for 3hrs until you're orange no one cares, but god forbid you want to lighten your skin. You automatically hate yourself and have ethnic identity issues... blah blah, love the skin you're in, black is beautiful blah blah etc etc.

I have BAD hyperpigmentation from acne that NO ONE sees because I am a make up genius and I can make my skin look flawless, I should be working in Hollywood. I don't need to be the same color as Beyonce or Tyra Banks (thought that would be nice) I just want even skin... and one understands. I am good at covering it but ugh, I don't want to have to wear all that make up just to look normal, sometimes I just want to hang out with my boyfriend and be casual and not have a fullface of makeup on because I am embarrassed, I don't think he's ever seen me without it! No one understands... grrr...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33w9jpu&s=3

(I cropped the pic because I am wearing an a small bikini , but yeah that's my face when I have all my makeup, without it I don't even look like the same person)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 04:40 PM

Don't you just hate want to be psychiatrists that THINK they know you?

I agree the same people that will go out and spend money perming their hair and coloring it and feel they need to look like a million bucks will turn and make comments like that.
    I think they just want to make themselves feel superior because they are jealous.
    ozchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Dessami, I know exactly how you feel and there must be so many of us out there that just want to have a nice even skin tone. It may seem trivial to some, but looking at yourself in the mirror without makeup and seeing a face that always looks dirty can be very depressing, and anyone who has managed to even out the pigmentation and scars knows just how uplifting that feels. If we lived in a society where no one judges you on how you look, then fine, but unfortunately that is not the case and in my lifetime never will be, so we have to press on and make ourselves the best we can be. If some women want to be lighter then surely that is their choice, and who are we to say that their lives won't be better for it.
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2009, 01:14 AM

- exfoliate every day followed by an intense moisturizer (even if your complexion is oily... moisture does = equal oil)
    - wear sunscreen even if your complexion is dark
    -if really desperate consult a day spa, they have treatments that will help your skin look more even
    -if you don't want these just using a mineral makeup on casual days will help tremendously and not feel heavy or clog pores. I have incredibly dark undereye circles and it makes them look perfect to match my skintone so I'm sure whatever imperfections you might have it would help (I have bare minerals but the maybelline brand works very well too)
    jennnaaaay Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2009, 01:15 AM

I meant moisture does not = oil *

Aug 15, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennnaaaay View Post
    - exfoliate every day followed by an intense moisturizer (even if your complexion is oily...moisture does = equal oil)
    - wear sunscreen even if your complexion is dark
    -if really desperate consult a day spa, they have treatments that will help your skin look more even
    -if you dont want these just using a mineral makeup on casual days will help tremendously and not feel heavy or clog pores. i have incredibly dark undereye circles and it makes them look perfect to match my skintone so im sure whatever imperfections you might have it would help (i have bare minerals but the maybelline brand works very well too)
    That's not enough for my skin, its not like those girls on the commercials who have a tiny little uneven spot on their face and rub some cream and two days later its gone, their BEFORE skin is still 100Xs better than mine! This has been a problem for ages, when I break out I scar easily, my breakouts are under control but scars are STILL there! Ugh...
    puppydoggie Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2009, 02:51 PM

Have you been to see a skin specilist? They can give you options, expensive options but over the years no more then you would pay for make up etc...

Aug 15, 2009, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by puppydoggie View Post
    have you been to see a skin specilist? they can give you options, expensive options but over the years no more then you would pay for make up ect...
    Yeah I have, I have done microderm and that didn't work. I would like Intense light treatment or laser resurfacing but its expensive, and they need all that money upfront, makeup adds up over time
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Aug 16, 2009, 08:46 AM

For scars I believe skin lighteners will just help lighten them. You actually need to remove them by renewing the skin.

Yes, exfoliating beads are good but I prefer a topical lotion. I used to have quite bad acne scars but they have nearly 100% faded.

Look for products that contain Glycolic acid or lactic acid (If you have sensitive skin). You can find them in creams, lotions and even facial cleansers. I've tried a topical lotion by Alpha-H called Liquid Gold, this contain Glycolic acid, it was pretty good.
    Once you use begin using any of these acids, you will need to wear SPF every day, minimum factor 15.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental agency and all of their million fees (pet, cleaning, blah blah)! [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know if what's going on in my new rental is legal? I just went through the process of finding a house to rent in FL. I understand that there will always be fees , etc. My 1st question is... can the rental agency charge a non-refundable pet fee of $250 for "each" pet? Is this legal? ...

Blah, blah, blah, creditor sueing me what next? [ 1 Answers ]

Have been working with American Debt Foundation. I am doing Debt Settlement. I am trying to build enough of a "pot" of money so they can negative. With the creditors, but, it has been hard because at times the monthy payment hasn't always been there from me. I am like everyone else in the Economy...

Who sings this 'Never gonna' blah blah blah song? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song from the 80's, that has a male singer, kind of up-tempo and the lyrics are these... or sort of, something similar... ... Never going to let you go, Never going to give you up, Never going to run around and hurt you. Never going to make you cry, Never going to say good...

Blah blah blah [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in middle school and I want to become popular I just don't know what to talk about talking topics please

Tired,pain, just blah [ 1 Answers ]

I just feel tired all the time but then when it comes to going to bed I can't sleep I hurt all the time head, back, legs, ankles, feet, neck you name it. I just want to know if anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong. I am just feel like I could sleep all the time and then in the afternoon I...

View more questions Search