Ask
    Malusi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 09:59 AM
    What is swine flu and how one gets it?
    What is swine flu?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:23 AM

It is basically like a really bad flu, fever,coughing, sneezing.
    Often leads to chest infections..

This is the introduction section of the site, the place where you say "hello" and say a bit about yourself.
    I'll request that this be moved to a different section to get better responses.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 10:29 AM

Basically it is just another strain of the influenza virus. One difference is that is does contain several different genes the usual flu does not. You get it the same way you get the "normal" or seasonal flu. Most people are ill the same way, recover, and are done with it... but just as with the regular flu, if you have an underlying illness you can have complications. It hasn't been as prevalent as they once feared, but with this new flu season coming up there are concerns that it will have more time to spread... hence a vaccine is being tested and is planned to be available in the fall. It is recommended to get both the "swine" or H1N1 vaccine as well as the seasonal vaccine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swine flu [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I work in a store where more then 30people have had swine flu in the last 3weeks. My doctor has signed me off because I had 3 miscarriges last year and I'm already having braxton hicks contractions so me getting swine flu could be really harmful to myself and the baby but...

Swine [ 1 Answers ]

So.. my problem is that I have a sore throat and my ear is hurting. As there is the swine flu I am afraid that I got it but I am afriad to tell my parents to get me checked for it :confused: How should I tell them and does this flu leave any effects after it is cured :eek::confused::(?

Swine flu [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been exposed to swine flu. A friend of my was sick and then have been tested for swine flu with a positive result. I am leaving for a trip in Japan tomorrow and my concern regards the fact that I don't want to be sick far away. How big is the probability that I will be sick for swine...

Swine flu. [ 87 Answers ]

Is anybody aware of this latest flu going around. Apparently it began in mexico but there are cases around the world now. There has been confirmed cases in Canada, United States where there is now one death. About 150 mexicans died from this already. How do we stop these things? So much...

View more questions Search