Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 14, 2009, 08:49 AM
    a x by my sound speaker and no audio devices installed
    I have a Compaq presario cq50 115nr notebook PC and for some reason after I downloaded an important update (it was an automatic update), the sound has a red x over it and no sounds will come out. When I right click on it, it says the device is enable but there is no audio devices installed.

Do I have to reinstall the driver for it or something? If so, where do I get it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 14, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Yep, seems your sound driver has gone for a burton.
    Head over to HP's site and grab the correct driver for your model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I plug audio in to get audio out only to speaker b on receiver [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to set up a zone 2 on my AV receiver. I have speaker output RCA jacks for Speaker A and Speaker B and a front switch to toggle between the two. How do I set up an audio input that will go only to Speaker B when it is activated? There is only audio in for DVD, VCR, CD, etc and...

Multimedia audio devices [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to download an audio device. I think I uninstalled it by mistake or my drivers are corrupt. I keep getting this yellow question mark. And when I try to download hardware it says it cannot be found.:confused:

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

View more questions Search