Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emilyjade Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2009, 02:53 AM
    Do I need to have counseling?
    I can't confide in my friends and family about my problems, even though I am very close to them. Lately I feel trapped and claustrophobic doing normal routine things that have never made me feel that way before. I can't stand crying or being emotional in front of other people, if I do have to cry it needs to be by myself. The worse part about that is when I finally do let myself be emotional, I completley freak. Sometimes I'm angry and I throw and hit things until my hands are bleeding, or other times I cry and start feeling like I can't breathe, and start throwing up. Either I cannot sleep at all, or sleep way too much, usually about 12 or 13 hours. Im not sure if these are things I can fix myself, if its happening because I am stressing too much, or if its something I need to get help with.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 04:36 AM

Emily, you sound in pretty bad shape. The way you feel and react are far below normal responses. I had considered first that you would be having anxiety attacks but when it turns into self mutiliation that is a different story. It sounds like it goes way beyond just stress.

I can't see how your family members haven't noticed these reactions from you, they are so violent.

I would suggest you talk to a family member, your mother or father, seek professional help to overcome these unusual unnacceptable responses even if they are in private, and because they are in private makes them far too dangerous.

Tick
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Aug 14, 2009, 02:23 PM

You need to talk to someone you trust. You say you are very close to your family but you do not confide in them? This does not make sense to me. You must break through and trust someone and talk about your problems this is healthy and sets you free from all those difficult emotions. Bottling things up is what causes the emotional pain you are suffering, and I must tell you you are suffering needlessly - you will find once you decide to trust someone and confide in them you will start to feel better already. This is how you will get better and there is nothing to be scared of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need counseling? [ 9 Answers ]

I've been married for 18 years. For the last 6 months I've been acting out gay tendencies and have enjoyed having sex with men. I seem to take on a feminine role and pretend I am woman when a man is in me. After which I feel extremely guilty, which lasts for a couple of days and then I'm back...

Premarital counseling [ 11 Answers ]

I am engaged and my fiancé and I want to take the whole premarital counseling thing that some churches offer... but the only problem is neither one of attend church... and my future father-in-law wants us to have a catholic wedding... which I don't care... my fiancé and I do not have a religious...

No divorce until counseling? [ 2 Answers ]

In Oklahoma if a person is getting a divorce and children are involved can a divorce be not granted or put off if one party doesn't want to sign divorce for counseling?

Looking for Counseling [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know if a good, cheap relationship counselor in the Michigan area?

I think I need Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

It's funny that counseling has been popping up in some relationship posts. I was just thinking today that I really need it. I posted about breaking up with my boyfriend in December and he called three weeks ago... I never called him back because I'm not ready. So even though I miss him terribly I...

View more questions Search