Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Sep 17, 2009, 04:31 AM

@ golden girl - haha.. but its true.. my mum when she came to the uk I had seen her after seven months... and she lukd more wrinkled, a lot darker, and her hairline is receding... she is like 50 or something , don't expect me to give out her real age, she loves hiding it and I love hiding it for her too. I feel rather proud to take her along with me and people saying she is my elder sister :) ) !

@ so sexy etc. - Oh I am the youngest kid.. Whenever my mum went to do something, she would take me along. I remember she used to go for some skin peels etc. when I was a kid and take me along.. I think my obsesssion for all the superficial began because of her itself lol !
    No one not even my sister, brother or dad know when she goes in for such treatments... only I do because I end up going with her ( or at least used to when I was stayign with them )
    For her botox I went with her... and I feel it doesn't look too good on her because her features are very chiselled.. SUPER high cheek bones, squarish jawline and very less flesh on her cheeks... she has thinning skin too... so when she did the botox.. it was as if the injection is simply going under the skin.. no flesh to inject into.. tahts what the doctor said also lol
    Maybe ill post her pic on pm sometime... for a fifty year old she is pretty hot looking :)

I asked her to go in for a face lift but she is really scared.. besides she will never tell the others and if she has to then I have to be around for her to do it... else she won't go...

@mepk - guess your right... besides my mum did botox really late in life ! So I guess it didn't really help :(

Summarising, ( Lolll) my mother is pretty goodlooking in spite of that forehead going out of hand now... I even make fun of her for it and she sportingly takes it in her stride..

But when she speaks about my hair going because of seborrheic dermatitis , I LOSE IT haha

I am just not sporting enough and she knows it ;) She always makes me feel good about myself... and I'm a who always pulls her legs over everything... come to think of it I'm feeling bad now.. OK time to call her and speak with her.. I'm feeling guilty now !
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Very nice, I did consider having an eyeliner effect done for my eyes but if it was only temporary I probably would get it as it looked so beautiful and perfect.

Thanks Sagluva for the idea when I'm ready to lighten my lips. Did it dry the lips too much?
    It didn't dry my lips.. just make sure you exfoliate your lips with a tooth brush.. apply it to your lips then wait a few minutes and apply lip balm/chapstck.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2009, 05:26 PM
    Maharani Ihave seen these fake eyebrowson some online stores, but they were still in the packet. I never knowingly seen them on people yet, as I was wondering if they look natural or not. Sometimes it looks like Tyra wears fake eyebrows because they look so perfect, but they are probably hers.

Sagluva thanks for the tips.

Imgorgeous why not get your mom some retin-a for the wrinkles? I have high cheekbones too, so I try not to make them stand out even more as in I do not wear blush.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 18, 2009, 01:49 PM

I know permanent make up is no joke, but even though you never went back for the top up, did you like the effect you got before it faded to grey?

I know when I had my lips done, I thought never again, but I may do it again one day because I did like the outcome.

Not to make too light of it, I suppose it's a bit like having a baby, you remember how much it hurt but you still go back for more...
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 18, 2009, 07:36 PM

Ouch!! what a comparison
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 08:28 PM
    Lol... as they say sometimes beauty can be painful... and I can't handle too much physical pain.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2009, 07:02 AM

Lol @ Fake eyesbrows.

I would LOVE really nice, thick, bollywood style eyebrows, know what I mean?

I may buy LiBrow, heard some good things about it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    Lol @ Fake eyesbrows.

I would LOVE really nice, thick, bollywood style eyebrows, know what I mean?

I may buy LiBrow, heard some good things about it.
    What is LiBrow? I was shocked when I saw them too. I did think about it as I would really love to have thick trimmed dark eyebrows to show off. But, I wonder if they have to shave their real eyebrows off if they have any in order to have a natural look? My mom has those thick eyebrows so she is always trimming them. My brows are thin, but when my skin is quite light my brows look a bit darker, but not thick enough.

Sep 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
    What is LiBrow? I was shocked when I saw them too. I did think about it as I would really love to have thick trimmed dark eyebrows to show off. But, I wonder if they have to shave their real eyebrows off if they have any in order to have a natural look? My mom has those thick eyebrows so she is always trimming them. My brows are thin, but when my skin is quite light my brows look a bit darker, but not thick enough.
    LiBrow is this sort of serum you apply to your eyebros at night and it makes them grow longer and thicker. They also do Lilash which gives you longer thicker lashes.
    They are pretty expensive but many folks raving about it on YouTube, I might just give it a go. :D If you've the money, give it whirl! :)
    Ooh, not sure I would shave my eyebrows off in order to make them thicker, would be scared in case they don't grow back, eeek! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Oh, similar to Latisse for lashes? People also use the Lumigan since they are the same product with the same active ingredient Bimatoprost, but Lumigan is much cheaper like $15. People are even just buying the Bimatoprost and diluting it with the other ingredients that are common in Latisse and Lumigan since it's also cheaper. How I see it, no reason to buy a pricey name brand when you can get it for much less and stock up! I'll check the active ingredients for the LiBrow and Lilash... I wonder if it is also Bimatoprost.

Sep 19, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Oh, similar to Latisse for lashes? People also use the Lumigan since they are the same product with the same active ingredient Bimatoprost, but Lumigan is much cheaper like $15. People are even just buying the Bimatoprost and diluting it with the other ingredients that are common in Latisse and Lumigan since it's also cheaper. How I see it, no reason to buy a pricey name brand when you can get it for much less and stock up! I'll check the active ingredients for the LiBrow and Lilash...I wonder if it is also Bimatoprost.
    I'll be waiting for the ingredients

Sep 19, 2009, 07:04 PM
    OK thanks
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 07:20 PM
    No prob

Sep 20, 2009, 05:53 AM

Let me know when you order and your results
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 02:49 PM
    OK, I will.

Sep 21, 2009, 03:24 AM

Thanks, Golden Girl.

I'm currently looking for cheaper alternatives. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:33 PM
    I agree, that way you can buy what you love and stock up more.
    tinyprettylight Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by table11 View Post
    are you serious?!
    cuz i have the same problem
    my skin is browwn but my upper lips are close to gettin black and the outline
    it looks like i smoke! thats how serious it is
    so do u think the cream would help fix that or no?
    Hi,

The only brand creams I've used is Diana Stalder & when I was using just the cream, no soap, I noticed some results at first. It was very subtle so I started using the soaps instead.

So it may, depending on how products work with your skin.

Good luck & keep me posted!
    tinyprettylight Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    are there no concerns about ingesting the produtcs ?
    The little amount that I use is nowhere near fatal :)

I also top it off with lotion and/or vaseline which coats it so it stays on my lips & doesn't enter my mouth.

When applying the soap though, especially the glutathione soap, I could taste the fragrance which isn't yummy but oh well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to lighten dark lips? [ 4 Answers ]

Help! My lips had tuned dark, maybe because of lip products I used when I was still young. Does anybody know a solution?? :o

How to lighten lips that have become very dark? [ 9 Answers ]

My lips have become very dark. I don't smoke or wear lip stick. My lips are always chapped even with lip balm and I get windburn on them sometimes. I have tried remedies but they didn't work. I also tried a lightening cream called fresh up and a lip gloss called cherry pink, but they haven't...

How to lighten dark lips? [ 59 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have any effective formulas or products that can lighten dark lips? I thought lips were suppose to lighten faster than your normal skin because it is thinner? Isn't there some kind of bleach or something you can use to lighten your lips..? I'm using godiva lip gloss, so far there...

View more questions Search