Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocobrownie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Watch this now For black women who have NO skindisorders n bleach like crazy
    The Savvy Sista: Video: Tyra Banks' Skin Bleaching Show
    Before I start this message I'm not trying to preach to anyone one so don't reply with crap like" who are you to say not use hydroquinone this is just my opinon on the way see things" thanks.
    This is for anyone who hasn't seen the tyra banks show skin bleaching issue please this seriously in fact watch it again if you have already seen it
    I am lucky that I have not fallen in to the trap of bleaching with hydroquinone other topical steroids I was so close I went to the doctor I have got a fungal infection from using bio claire if you had adverse reaction of dy skin strecth marks and burning from bleaching when you started you had in infection and if youv'e been bleaching for years []your skin is damaged this is what I have been told by a experienced BLACK doctor , please bleach yourself safely yeah you may look all beyonce and ish now but if you get of skin cancer or if you get glucoma or even a broken viens you most definantely will regret it if any of you guys have kids would you want to fuk up their skin like that crazy lady in this video ?I know I woudn't dream of it plese don't carry this message that light is better sometimes I look at these boards and people are like praise lightness and want to erase everything and they think there light skin is more beautiul it makes very dark skin girls like me feel that I could be prettier if I was lighter and stuff like that I know there are adults on this website and they should be setting a good example but you know one day I am going to aprecite how my skin tone looks after all skin lightning is'nt permanent unless its damaged. Azelaic acid 20% which is recently studied to be as good as hydroquione 2% sometimes even 4% is a good alternative it is also avalible in the UK so it's a good option for me but for now I am going to work on focusing on myself and stop being superficial and hopefully get good results with azelaic acid and maybe not bother using azelaic acid what's the point eh I don't have money anyway lol all I know is never evr use harsh stuff.plse
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 05:12 PM

I agree nobody can say ''who are you to say to me... ''
    It is important that people learn what works and what is a scam.
    I am hoping somebody goes through all these posts and does a sticky of what is bad and what is reputable.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Aug 13, 2009, 05:21 PM

I think you should stop worrying about what other people do and what other people think. And focus on yourself. I know for a fact that skin color matters in this world. Because I have lived life as a dark skinned girl. And now I'm living life as a lighter skinned girl... Same facial features. Different skin tone. The way I get treated is remarkably different. Do I think dark skin is beautiful? Hell yes. Does the majority of the world feel this way? No. Do SOME people feel this way. Yes. There are some people that can see beauty in all shades. And I wish that's how everyone thought. But unfortunately... It's not. So. I'm forced to adapt. I'm a beauty queen and I'll do what it takes to win. And if bleaching my skin is part of the regimen. Then so be it. Plus men like me more this color. I suggest you do what makes you happy.

Aug 13, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    I think you should stop worrying about what other people do and what other people think. And focus on yourself. I know for a fact that skin color matters in this world. Because I have lived life as a dark skinned girl. And now I'm living life as a lighter skinned girl.... Same facial features. Different skin tone. The way I get treated is remarkably different. Do I think dark skin is beautiful? Hell yes. Does the majority of the world feel this way? No. Do SOME people feel this way. Yes. there are some people that can see beauty in all shades. And I wish that's how everyone thought. But unfortunately.... It's not. So. I'm forced to adapt. I'm a beauty queen and I'll do what it takes to win. And if bleaching my skin is part of the regimen. Then so be it. Plus men like me more this color. I suggest you do what makes you happy.
    Your post makes me want to lighten my skin "men like me more this color" you know what the only guys who holla at me are losers lol and all the sexi ones all go 2 lighter chicks or white girls I felt like I wanted to lightn mi skin for boys, boys so so stupid to but honest it's kind of riduculouslike my friend said to me "your lightening your skin for mandem your pathetic!" so Brownd did you lighten your skin just to be "prettier" and get attention from boys because it seems like it by you metioning that you wer a pagent queen why could'nt you of one the competition being a dark skinned person I know society puts light skin on pedastal so that's probably why you lighten your skin but just because society says this doesn't make it right we can't let tis bullish go on any longer I know you think dark skin and light are beautiful it sounds your making it a double standard for yourself your and your specific life area needs. It's a bit contradiction if lighten your skin to be beauty queen.
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Aug 13, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobrownie View Post
    The Savvy Sista: Video: Tyra Banks' Skin Bleaching Show
    Before I start this message I'm not trying to preach to anyone one so dnt reply with crap like" who are you to say not use hydroquinone this is just my opinon on the way see things" thx.
    this is for anyone who hasn't seen the tyra banks show skin bleaching issue please this seriously in fact watch it again if you have already seen it
    I am lucky that I have not fallen in to the trap of bleaching with hydroquinone other topical steriods I was so close I went to the doctor I have got a fungal infection from using bio claire if you had adverse reaction of dy skin strecth marks and burning from bleaching when you started you had in infection and if youv'e been bleaching for years []your skin is damaged this is what I have been told by a experienced BLACK doctor , please bleach yourself safely yeah you may look all beyonce and ish now but if you get of skin cancer or if you get glucoma or even a broken viens u most definantely will regret it if any of you guys have kids would you wanna fuk up their skin like that crazy lady in this video ?I know i woudn't dream of it plese dnt carry this message that light is better sometimes I look at these boards and people are like praise lightness and want to erase everything and they think there light skin is more beautiul it makes very dark skin girls like me feel that I could be prettier if I was lighter and stuff like that I know ther are adults on this website and they should be setting a good example but u know one day I am going to aprecite how my skin tone looks after all skin lightning is'nt permanent unless its damaged. azelaic acid 20% which is recently studied to be as good as hydroquione 2% sometimes even 4% is a good alternative it is also avalible in the UK so it's a good option for me but for now I am gonna work on focusing on myself and stop being superficial and hopefully get good results with azelaic acid and maybe not bother using azelaic acid whats the point eh I dnt have money anyway lol all I know is never evr use harsh stuff.plse
    I agree with you to a certain extent, I know women who have bleached for years and damaged their skin, the problem is that some people don't know when to stop or get greedy with chemicals, it all depends. I personally hated that episode, because TYRA is a hypocrite, I sure she uses more NATURAL expensive bleaching products to keep her skin like that. If you notice most black stars even Tyra look way lighter now than they did before they hit big, why has she not talked about WHITE women tanning or even how she wears blond front lace wigs( I know she did a show on natural hair) but I have never seen her wear her hair KINKY, when you look at episodes that use an objective standard, she made her money by exposing and in my opinion exploiting BLACK women on that show, although she talked about the bad she did not talk about the good things that products can do for women who have like uneven skin, or darker areas that need toning, I liked her until I started noticing little subliminal things she does as far as the black community is concerned.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Thanks Chocobrownie for your post. WoW, I didn't know they can cause infection, what kind of infection and what did your Dr. tell you how to fix it? Now bio claire is really becoming exposed more and more... and I'm beginning to hate it now. You say azelaic acid 20% can work as good as hydroquione 2% or 4%?

I know how it feels to not be light and being mistreated over the years because I'm brown, what was said and done to me was not fair nor was it right. It discusted me on how many of the black men treat the brown and dark brown women and praise lighter tone women. Why not treat all the same? It discusted me to the point that I became permanently turned off with most black american men because of how I was treated and how shallow they were. So, I nolonger have anything to do with them to this day. Even after I had lightened and the tables turned for me and they treated me differently, I was even more turned off with them... I know all are not that way.. but Most definitely are. And many may think how dare I think that way.

When I had lightened, how I was later treated was also completely different and that it had caught me by surprise. It is very sad on how colorism affects the community and our self-identity, and is more like a silent dictator. Yes, all shades are definitely beautiful. Many of the light try to get dark and many dark try to get light is proof to show all colors should be embraced. This was my personal choice, I would never advice anyone that they should lighten their skin. Everyone has the right to be happy and we should find what that happiness is.

It is the same with relaxing/perming the hair and bleaching the hair, all textures are beautiful. But, society strongly discriminates what they can not understand. I agree, I liked Tyra Banks as a model, but when she opened her mouth and had shown how shallow she really was my view changed. I agree Divaforlyfe, Tyra definitely makes profit from exposing the weaknesses of brown people but does not expose everyone's weaknesses because she know she would go bankrupt. It is true she had 2 rhynoplasty nose jobs, wears blond straight remy lace wigs, and has lightened her skin so she is a big hypocrite... the evidence is in the photos. If someone wishes to avoid these things they have my respect. People should not judge a book by it's cover, but unfortunately they do and not only do they judge they persecute too. This is a challenging topic. Chocobrownie if you wish not to lighten, you have my respect and I understand your choice as you should embrace your decision and the skin your in. It does take a very strong person to avoid these things so I will not admit I am the strongest, I have my weaknesses too.

Aug 14, 2009, 05:50 AM

Yes I agree diva 4 life tyra is a hypocrite the focus isn't supposed to be about how much of a sellout she is its about the black community and these false ideolgies of lighter skin. Who cares what tyra is doing with herself she a fool lol , lke most people who r famous exploiting blacks n embracing whites light skin people r light skin people and you r you this message goes to anyone trying to be something there not if you really had confidence then would try and be you if your whole apreance is a lie then it can never be true , I think everyone in the lightning board should opt for natural skin lightning instead of killing our pigment away lets live fufulling and prosporous lives and live longer and stop this inhuman mental self absorbing practice (for people with no skin disorders)
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Yes, natural is much more safer, I use a mix of both right now as I am still searching for quality products that will work, affordable, and won't give me bad reaction. But either way, lightening is still lightening either way we see it, naturally or unnaturally. It is still embracing the fact to lighten and alter one's skin only in a safer way. Unless one's goal is to only remove scars, blemishes, vitilago, etc. But if the goal is to lighten in shades, the main purpose is still the same... to change and alter one's original appearance. But, if you are able to find something that really works, natural, and affordable definitely let me know.

Aug 23, 2009, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobrownie View Post
    Your post makes me want to lighten my skin "men like me more this color" u know what the only guys who holla at me r losers lol and all the sexi ones all go 2 lighter chicks or white girls i felt like i wanted to lightn mi skin for boys, boys so so stupid to but honest it's kind of riduculouslike my friend said to me "your lightening your skin for mandem your pathetic!" so Brownd did you lighten your skin just to be "prettier" and get attention from boys cos it seems like it by you metioning that you wer a pagent queen why could'nt you of one the competion being a dark skinned person I know society puts light skin on pedastal so thats probably why you lighten your skin but just because society says this doesn't make it right we can't let tis bullish go on any longer I know you think dark skin and light r beautiful it sounds your making it a double standard for yourself your and your specific life area needs. its a bit contradiction if lighten your skin to be beauty queen.
    All that I am trying to say is that I think brown skin is BEAUTIFUL. But society doesn't. And yes. I do want positive attention from guys. And that's what they like. I won't deny that being one of the reasons. I also want to win beauty pageants. And sometimes being lighter helps sometimes it doesn't. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But it makes me happy. That's all that matters.

Aug 23, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Thanks Chocobrownie for your post. WoW, I didn't know they can cause infection, what kind of infection and what did your Dr. tell you how to fix it? Now bio claire is really becoming exposed more and more...and I'm beginning to hate it now. You say azelaic acid 20% can work as good as hydroquione 2% or 4%?

I know how it feels to not be light and being mistreated over the years because I'm brown, what was said and done to me was not fair nor was it right. It discusted me on how many of the black men treat the brown and dark brown women and praise lighter tone women. Why not treat all the same? It discusted me to the point that I became permanently turned off with most black american men because of how I was treated and how shallow they were. So, I nolonger have anything to do with them to this day. Even after I had lightened and the tables turned for me and they treated me differently, I was even more turned off with them...I know all are not that way..but Most definitely are. And many may think how dare I think that way.

When I had lightened, how I was later treated was also completely different and that it had caught me by surprise. It is very sad on how colorism affects the community and our self-identity, and is more like a silent dictator. Yes, all shades are definitely beautiful. Many of the light try to get dark and many dark try to get light is proof to show all colors should be embraced. This was my personal choice, I would never advice anyone that they should lighten their skin. Everyone has the right to be happy and we should find what that happiness is.

It is the same with relaxing/perming the hair and bleaching the hair, all textures are beautiful. But, society strongly discriminates what they can not understand. I agree, I liked Tyra Banks as a model, but when she opened her mouth and had shown how shallow she really was my view changed. I agree Divaforlyfe, Tyra definitely makes profit from exposing the weaknesses of brown people but does not expose everyone's weaknesses because she know she would go bankrupt. It is true she had 2 rhynoplasty nose jobs, wears blond straight remy lace wigs, and has lightened her skin so she is a big hypocrite...the evidence is in the photos. If someone wishes to avoid these things they have my respect. People should not judge a book by it's cover, but unfortunately they do and not only do they judge they persecute too. This is a challenging topic. Chocobrownie if you wish not to lighten, you have my respect and I understand your choice as you should embrace your decision and the skin your in. It does take a very strong person to avoid these things so I will not admit I am the strongest, I have my weaknesses too.

You're being so honest. In every single way. And I used to LOVE the Tyra banks show. Until she started becoming so hypocritical and judgmental. And it is true, she does profit off the insecurities of black women (so does Tyler Perry... But that's for another topic). And yeah. About black men now being attracted to me now that I'm lighter and I have curly Indian Remy hair sewn into my head. It's kind of sad. Because my features are EXACTLY the same. They just wouldn't give them the time of day because they were in dark skin. I once went out with this guy that said he wouldn't have dated me if I was darker than him... I don't know about African American men sometimes. It's like I worked so hard to be considered beautiful. And now that I've reached beauty... In their eyes... (Light skin)... I'm beginning to realize that the majority of them were not even worth it in the first place.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 03:13 PM
    So true Brown Deciet. It used to bother me a lot of how most black men can be so shallow, it just permanently turned me off. They don't care about beauty, they care about the symbolism in society and allow society to dictate their thoughts. I remember looking up to Tyra Banks so much when she was just doing her modelling, but then when she opened her mouth on her modelling show... and then opened her even wider on her talk show I noticed she just wants to please the crowds and she is very shallow as well and a hypocrite to everybody, as no one should trust her because she just wants her ratings. And about Tyler Perry... if I did not know any better it would be easy to believe his stereotypical portrayals, I don't find him amusing, I find him insulting.

So whatever person's happiness maybe, then they should seek it. Because people are going to judge anyway, regardless.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 23, 2009, 03:16 PM

Lets talk about this
    - Tyra Banks lightens her skin. Obviously to get more westernized beautiful. She wears wigs.. WHy is that OK ? If she loves her GOD GIFTED SKIN then why doesn't she love her GOD GIFTED HAIR ?
    - Naomi Campbell was SUPER DARK as an upcoming model. Today she is startlingly LIGHTER. Not as light as Tyra but considering she started much DARKER than Tyra, she has still gone Lighter. She is literally Bald in the front wears wigs to conform to western beauty. She talks about how she wants more BLACK models on the ramp whereas eveyrone knows she used to make Black girls lives during her times of reign - absolutely miserable! She is YET ANOTHER HYPOCRITE who denies she lightened and talks about how being darker is OH SO BEAUTIFUL
    - Latoya Jackson has used products that have made her WHITE during some years and now she is light yellow. She wears ATROCIOUS wigs and in an interview lashed out against her brother Michael stating that people should see his talent and not what he has done to himself. Well WHY NOT ? Why did he induce vitiligo in himself in the first place? Why did she lighten in the second place ? Because they both wanted to conform to WESTERN beauty standards.
    - Every time someone gets lighter, we try using the moral code stating our colour is beautiful! But actually in our hearts we are JEALOUS. The browns and the blacks get JEALOUS because someone of their own race has EDGED them out and will get more attention. The WHITES get jealous because they feel they are being caught up with!
    - OH PLEASE, whenever people say LOVE YOUR SKIN, I wish to give them ONE TIGHT SLAP. If they really love their skin then be happy in it.. Don't preach others! Everyone does what they wish to and will continue to do so to keep themselves happy !

- Most Pakistani Girls contrary to what people believe are NOT AS FAIR as you think they are. They are usually lighter brown and NOT the YEllow tone they have ( I am not talking about all , but sixty percent have light brown colour and not yellow light tones ). They use MERCURY related products and lighten up so drastically and then talk about how Indians are darker than them. Well hello? As far as I know the Indian Muslims are ALSO the same race - no matter how much Pakistanis pretend that they are not! And although there are many ( albeit a smaller ratio) of Very light Indian and Pakistani girls and boys, most are in the light brown category . The only difference is in India the darker public exists more.

- Based on all this, HOW CAN PEOPLE SAY be happy in your own skin? Everyone wants to edge everyone out and trussme colour really helps doing that ! SO WHY NOT ?

While it isn't untrue that a few get ADVERSE reactions to Skin creams, it is also true that many get BRILLIANT LIGHTENING and pretend to have it as their original colour all their life!

Tyra is a LIAR of the first order and so is Naomi and the list of Asian people who lighten their skin and then demotivate others into NOT DOING SO! Its all about feeling superior according to me. If you feel lighter no matter how much better the features of a black or asian girl is in comparison to you, YOU STILL FEEL SUPERIOR TO THEM!

That is human NATURE and that Won't CHANGE. So in short everyone lightening has a RIGHT TO MAKE THEMSELVES HAPPY.. Tyra can go continue using her expensive lightening creams and discourage others from doing so. No body should really give a DAMN about what she says!

Aug 23, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Take this test.

1) Take a white child / black child / brown child in front of a beautiful BLACK WOMAN , a brown skinned asian woman and a normally attractive WHITE WOMAN with blue eyes.

I promise you the response you will see is shocking. THE CHILD will automatically respond to the WHITE girl or the LIGHT YELLOW BEAUTIFUL TONE.. No matter how much more beautiful that Black woman is in comparison to the other two, the child will NOT give her attention.

Try this with a Black child, try it with a WHITE child.. You just have to see it to believe it!

And mind you, when a child is like two years old or three years old NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE tells them about racism and colour preferences. It just come AUTOMATICALLY !

So in short, we have made conventional norms of beauty WESTERN because it Naturally has been a colour people are in awe of. It has NOTHING TO DO with the media ALONE.. who everyone accuses to create this bias. The media highlights simply what existed a thousand years ago and EVEN NOW!

Iranians and Iraqis were well known to use PURE HYDROQUINONE on their skins to keep it WHITE... This was a hundred or more years ago we are talking about. Before that the race used to be darker.

And usage of the lightening treatments by every single individual during those times created GENETIC MUTATIONS which went down into offsprings and they were born LIGHT SKINNED.. I have read this somewhere on the internet before... If someone wants to read it go googling. It took a lot of time to search and I won't be able to reproduce this statement. So if you can't find it Don't BELIEVE ME.. But I saw it and I know its true thereby.

WHen everyone loves being lighter what on earth is wrong to want to be lighter yourself ?

Extremely unfair on the part of people who discourage others. Simply not done !

Aug 23, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Take this test.

1) Take a white child / black child / brown child in front of a beautiful BLACK WOMAN , a brown skinned asian woman and a normally attractive WHITE WOMAN with blue eyes.

I promise you the response you will see is shocking. THE CHILD will automatically respond to the WHITE girl or the the LIGHT YELLOW BEAUTIFUL TONE.. No matter how much more beautiful that Black woman is in comparison to the other two, the child will NOT give her attention.

Try this with a Black child, try it with a WHITE child.. You just have to see it to believe it!

And mind you, when a child is like two years old or three years old NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE tells them about racism and colour preferences. It just come AUTOMATICALLY !

So in short, we have made conventional norms of beauty WESTERN because it Naturally has been a colour people are in awe of. It has NOTHING TO DO with the media ALONE.. who everyone accuses to create this bias. The media highlights simply what existed a thousand years ago and EVEN NOW!

Iranians and Iraqis were well known to use PURE HYDROQUINONE on their skins to keep it WHITE... This was a hundred or more years ago we are talking about. Before that the race used to be darker.

And usage of the lightening treatments by every single individual during those times created GENETIC MUTATIONS which went down into offsprings and they were born LIGHT SKINNED.. I have read this somewhere on the internet before... If someone wants to read it go googling. It took a lot of time to search and I wont be able to reproduce this statement. So if you can't find it DONT BELIEVE ME.. But I saw it and I know its true thereby.

WHen everyone loves being lighter what on earth is wrong to want to be lighter urself ?

Extremely unfair on the part of people who discourage others. Simply not done !

Are you saying that people are naturally attracted to white people and white skin? Without any brainwashing? If so... You need prayer.

Aug 23, 2009, 03:49 PM

Brown Deceit. I am just stating what I know as true.

Myself as a kid, I used to cringeee at dark skinned people - me myself being a ligher yellow tone then BUT STILL A COLOURED PERSON.

No one in my family ever said a thing about colours then to me. I even felt superior to my sister and brother who were shades darker to me. I never said it but I felt it.

Today when my family members have babies, I notice how they cringe the very same way at really dark people.

As a kid I used to find black people not goodlooking and I used to actually get a little scared and run away fro them ( please do not take this in a wrong sense. I am just telling you how it was)

But once I grew older I actually noticed how some of them are much better faced than white people. But I am a grown man now and can understand faces more.

Colour does make a difference to kids too and I know that for a fact.

Aug 23, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Brown Deceit. I am just stating what I know as true.

Myself as a kid, I used to cringeee at dark skinned people - me myself being a ligher yellow tone then BUT STILL A COLOURED PERSON.

No one in my family ever said a thing about colours then to me. I even felt superior to my sister and brother who were shades darker to me. I never said it but I felt it.

Today when my family members have babies, I notice how they cringe the very same way at really dark people.

As a kid I used to find black people not goodlooking and I used to actually get frightened and run away fro them ( please do not take this in a wrong sense. I am just telling you how it was)

But once I grew older I actually noticed how some of them are much better faced than white people. But I am a grown man now and can understand faces more.

Colour does make a difference to kids too and I knwo that for a fact.
    Lol. You're an African American man? Figures. Well. I'm a Nigerian American woman. And in all my years of living in Nigeria. I have never seen a child "cringe" at a darkskinned person. You are SICK in the head. And before you start saying something like "because you're all dark" no. Not all Africans are darkskinned. Lol this is the most pathetic thing I've heard in a while. Smh.

Aug 23, 2009, 04:03 PM

Im Asian Brown Deceit.

Ok I am sorry If I have hurt anyone's sentiments. But I do know this is true.

When a child grows to the age of two or so he actually reacts to COLOUR, HAIR LENGTH etc. of an individual.

This is because a child apart from his kin cannot really distinguish too much between people unless he distinguishes through such features.

Im sorry if I sound sick to you! I am just stating how I felt as a kid myself and NO ONE in my family ever spoke about colour !

In fact other than my sister and myself today, no one cares about being light skinned.

Aug 23, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Im Asian Brown Deceit.

Ok I am sorry If I have hurt anyones sentiments. But I do know this is true.

When a child grows to the age of two or so he actually reacts to COLOUR, HAIR LENGTH etc. of an individual.

This is because a child apart from his kin cannot really distinguish too much between people unless he distinguishes through such features.

Im sorry if I sound sick to you! I am just stating how I felt as a kid myself and NO ONE in my family ever spoke about colour !

In fact other than my sister and myself today, no one cares about being light skinned.
    Maybe because in America dark skin is not a norm. You honestly don't understand. YES. You're right. A child reacts to COLOR. Any color that is not the norm in their society. When we were staying in a hotel in Nigeria. My little cousin was terrified to death of the white man in the building. Not because he knew all the history of slavery (he was only 3). But because he had never seen white skin before. Maybe on television? But I doubt it. He was terrified of him. He ran away from him every time he walked past. Then his terror turned to curiosity after a couple of weeks... Sigh. It's sad you really think this way.

Aug 23, 2009, 04:14 PM

Well I'm sorry if I felt that way as a kid...

Ignoring my beautiful dark skinned aunt who today I notice was a much more beautiful woman than my aunt with fair skin and green eyes.

When I listen to myself about it I know it sounds wrong... But what can I do about what I felt back then ?

It wasn't my choice.. I just was in awe of her automatically. Just like I see my toddler nieces and nephews doing the very same bit.

Its like history is repeating itself !

In your child's case I guess he wasn't exposed to other skin tones. In asian culture ( well I'm part portuges because my mothers mum was Portuguese and father was indian ) we are exposed to all forms of skin tones and nothing was a shocker for us. So I guess we react accordingly and as far as I know Asian kids are always in awe of their lighter skinned relatives more so than the darker ones !
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 23, 2009, 06:27 PM

I'd say this is about the saddest argument ever. Literally.

Sure, it's obvious that the Western World, (And even some of the Eastern world, aka Indian cast system/Aryan supremacy) favors lighter skin, but it goes likewise in the opposite direction as well.

I'm sure you've noticed White Americans who've done everything they can to please African Americans. Many rappers to this day treasure their Black heritage and skin color, while young White American boys just wish they could have a darker complexion, and pass off to their culture.

As for the Iraq/Iran Hydroquinone myth, that's just BS. Skin color amongst the Middle East and even Africa is divided. People of Equatorial Africa are EXTREMELY dark, people of North Africa are a much lighter black, while Egyptians (Keep in mind they are still considered 'Africans' from the continent of Africa) are much lighter with more western features.

Same goes for the rest of the Middle East. Iraq borders Turkey. Iraqi's are very tanned, (not exactly brown) while Turks are generally WHITE. Country borders don't define skin color; it's a gradual change through area, and proven by human evolution. That being said, it's obvious that northern Iraqi's will be fairly lighter, and closer represented as Turks that Southern Iraqis or Iranians.

Oh and of course, I wonder how exactly Hydroquinone affected the DNA of these users? Last I checked Hydroquinone simply disrupted the general process of melanin synthesis. If it did in ANY way affect their genes, it would prompt an INCREASE of activity (more melanin in the child), due to their body assuming that it's not being able to process melanin correctly in ratio to the amount of UV exposure in the area.

I also wonder what a kid would do if he encountered a regular, fully featured Black male, and a someone who looked like Michael Jackson after 2000.

I'd rather not criticize personal skin color for all the crap that you observe in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

Bleaching Dyed Black Hair Bleach Blonde. [ 1 Answers ]

i only want to bleach top half of my head, because i want to keep the black underneath, and id say ive only dyed them parts one permanent, and semi -permants about 5 times.. my hairs in normal good condition, i just want to know how many bleaches it will take please, and if my hair will fall out,...

How do I put black lowlights on bleach blonde hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair , with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and...

Professional told me she has to bleach out the black! [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 3 or 4 months ago with a permanent dye from Sally's. I now have about 2 inches of regrowth, and want to go back to my natural dirty blonde color for my wedding in two years. I called my salon and she told me that they would have to bleach it out and she couldn't quote me...

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

View more questions Search