Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 01:48 PM
    IDK about that. I was watching Coyoty Ugly the other day and she seemed a lot darker. But then again when she was on Fresh Prince she was a real light brown but now she is fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    In defense of Ms. Tyra Banks, she did not "lighten her skin", in fact she tans and always wears makeup that is darker than her own skin. Most women who are fixed on being "light" will wear makeup that is a shade lighter (a lot of black celebrities do this).
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 25, 2009, 01:50 PM
    OK, how is it going?
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    so sexy .. im still using monobenzone!
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    WHOAAAA FAIR & WHITE CONTAINS HQ i did not know that is it true?
    Yeah it's true. They don't really mention it on their website, or mentioned very sparingly. But, it's on their ingredients lists. I don't think all of their products contain this, but many of them do along with other active ingredients. One of them contains 5% Hq if I'm correct. It was one of the serums or gels though. I never used F&F, so I have received many mixed reviews from it.

About Tyra. I know she is naturally light brown, but she can tan easily and her complexion has been quite versatile. Sometimes it's makeup like airbrushing, and sometimes I believe it's also aha peels, creams, etc to relighten. Good way to tell is to look at her hands... they have lightened and darkened many times.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
    To be honest I feel Tyra does use lightening products... which have HQ in them. Considering the fact that she does look darker in dim orange lights like in coyote ugly...

And people using hq usually look lighter in brigher ligts or even open natural light but regular colour in the dark .I have heard this from a lot of people about HQ.

... But yes she was always a lighter shade... to get an idea go watch George Micheals Girl your too funky for me... she was 16 then !

In that they have Tyra who is pretty light... although she does look a shade or two ligter now... which is why I feel she has used something to lighten..

And also naomi who was much darker back then . Nt that there is anyting bad in that because I think she lukd a lot sexier daker back then than she does today with a lighter tone... when she came on the tyra banks show I coldnt recognise her as the same naomi who was dark chocolate colour in her heydays... today she is so much more lighter... and its surprising people don't talk about her becoming lighter... but I guess its because people don't make out the difference as much because it doesn't seem like too many shades when you compare her to beyonce or even tyra...

Aug 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
    To be honest I feel Tyra does use lightening products... which have HQ in them. Considering the fact that she does look darker in dim orange lights like in coyote ugly...

And people using hq usually look lighter in brigher ligts or even open natural light but regular colour in the dark .I have heard this from a lot of people about HQ.

... But yes she was always a lighter shade... to get an idea go watch George Micheals Girl your too funky for me... she was 16 then !

In that they have Tyra who is pretty light... although she does look a shade or two ligter now... which is why I feel she has used something to lighten..

And also naomi who was much darker back then . Nt that there is anyting bad in that because I think she lukd a lot sexier daker back then than she does today with a lighter tone... when she came on the tyra banks show I coldnt recognise her as the same naomi who was dark chocolate colour in her heydays... today she is so much more lighter... and its surprising people don't talk about her becoming lighter... but I guess its because people don't make out the difference as much because it doesn't seem like too many shades when you compare her to beyonce or even tyra...
    chocobrownie Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 09:17 AM
    Take this test.

1) Take a white child / black child / brown child in front of a beautiful BLACK WOMAN , a brown skinned asian woman and a normally attractive WHITE WOMAN with blue eyes.

I promise you the response you will see is shocking. THE CHILD will automatically respond to the WHITE girl or the the LIGHT YELLOW BEAUTIFUL TONE.. No matter how much more beautiful that Black woman is in comparison to the other two, the child will NOT give her attention.

Try this with a Black child, try it with a WHITE child.. You just have to see it to believe it!

And mind you, when a child is like two years old or three years old NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE tells them about racism and colour preferences. It just come AUTOMATICALLY !

So in short, we have made conventional norms of beauty WESTERN because it Naturally has been a colour people are in awe of. It has NOTHING TO DO with the media ALONE.. who everyone accuses to create this bias. The media highlights simply what existed a thousand years ago and EVEN NOW!

Iranians and Iraqis were well known to use PURE HYDROQUINONE on their skins to keep it WHITE... This was a hundred or more years ago we are talking about. Before that the race used to be darker.

And usage of the lightening treatments by every single individual during those times created GENETIC MUTATIONS which went down into offsprings and they were born LIGHT SKINNED.. I have read this somewhere on the internet before... If someone wants to read it go googling. It took a lot of time to search and I wont be able to reproduce this statement. So if you can't find it DONT BELIEVE ME.. But I saw it and I know its true thereby.

WHen everyone loves being lighter what on earth is wrong to want to be lighter urself ?

Extremely unfair on the part of people who discourage others. Simply not done !
    You're so ignorant and naïve how old are you!! not only do have the ordasity to start discussing harmful products your using but your saying it s OK not love yourself why are you even reading this board its 4 black women like I stated you could never understand what I go through don't talk your crap and say don't preach so am I scum I am dark skinned and you're suprerior to me ?so every single human being should bleach there skin and live in a happy white wonderland you dumb fuk go get a book and read "hydroquinone caused mutation in babies to make them lighter for generartions" you dumb prick go to sleep and wake up again I couldn't care less if you've learned you're lesson and you apreciate other races don't compare your situation to a black woman's situation beauty is different everywhere some like it dark some like it light in western society light is put on a pedastal I watched a wildlife documentary and some villages admire rotten sharp teeth ! The people from the village never saw a white person and they compared her to a goat. Beauty is with the eye of the beholder its like looking at a picture and saying it doesn't look good when someone else thinks its amazing we all see the art around us in a diiferent light so don't speak on everyone's behalf being untrue to yourself will never be justifyable so just except what I excepted INSECRUTY and in you're case idocity and a colourism complex the reason for my post isn't to say I'm better than people who go as far as bleaching their skin its to say
    That we can't do that superficiallity within insecurity it is wrong when harmful to your skin. One more thing I went on holiday to somewhere in europe not stating where and people gave me and my family dirty looks not because we were dark skin black but because we were black racist white people couldn't giv a fuk if your light brown dark brown it's the fact that your black the same to asian people there were selling ugly umbrellas and begging in the streets if you went there they wouldn't care if your light asian or a dark asian your different you'll never be "superior" cause you're "coloured" so get the fuk over yourself who are you kidding with your nonsense
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 09:27 AM
    To be honest I feel Tyra does use lightening products..... which have HQ in them. Considering the fact that she does look darker in dim orange lights like in coyote ugly....

and people using hq usually look lighter in brigher ligts or even open natural light but regular colour in the dark .I have heard this from a lot of people about HQ.

.... But yes she was always a lighter shade ... to get an idea go watch George Micheals Girl your too funky for me.... she was 16 then !

In that they have Tyra who is pretty light... although she does look a shade or two ligter nwo..... which is why i feel she has used something to lighten ..

and also naomi who was much darker back then . nt that there is anyting bad in that because i think she lukd a lot sexier daker back then than she does today wiht a lighter tone.... when she came on the tyra banks show i coldnt recognise her as the same naomi who was dark chocolate colour in her heydays.... today she is so much more lighter..... and its surprising people dont talk about her becoming lighter... but i guess its because people dont make out the difference as much because it doesnt seem like too many shades when you compare her to beyonce or even tyra.....

Yeah I agree she does bleach and it looks good, not sure if you ever saw her on the fresh price of bel air she made a guest appearance on the show when she was like 15 and she is like @ least 3-4 shades lighter now thatn she was back then

Aug 26, 2009, 09:29 AM

You're so ignorant and naïve how old are you!! not only do have the ordasity to start discussing harmful products your using but your saying it s OK not love yourself why are you even reading this board its 4 black women like I stated you could never understand what I go through don't talk your crap and say don't preach so am I scum I am dark skinned and you're suprerior to me ?so every single human being should bleach there skin and live in a happy white wonderland you dumb fuk go get a book and read "hydroquinone caused mutation in babies to make them lighter for generartions" you dumb prick go to sleep and wake up again I couldn't care less if you've learned you're lesson and you apreciate other races don't compare your situation to a black woman's situation beauty is different everywhere some like it dark some like it light in western society light is put on a pedastal I watched a wildlife documentary and some villages admire rotten sharp teeth ! The people from the village never saw a white person and they compared her to a goat. Beauty is with the eye of the beholder its like looking at a picture and saying it doesn't look good when someone else thinks its amazing we all see the art around us in a diiferent light so don't speak on everyone's behalf being untrue to yourself will never be justifyable so just except what I excepted INSECRUTY and in you're case idocity and a colourism complex the reason for my post isn't to say I'm better than people who go as far as bleaching their skin its to say
    That we can't do that superficiallity within insecurity it is wrong when harmful to your skin. One more thing I went on holiday to somewhere in europe not stating where and people gave me and my family dirty looks not because we were dark skin black but because we were black racist white people couldn't giv a fuk if your light brown dark brown it's the fact that your black the same to asian people there were selling ugly umbrellas and begging in the streets if you went there they wouldn't care if your light asian or a dark asian your different you'll never be "superior" cause you're "coloured" so get the fuk over yourself who are you kidding with your nonsense

Aug 26, 2009, 02:36 PM

Yeah I agee... Tyra is lighter now.. although I have always loved her looks.. I always felt she was the prettier one and Naomi Campbell was the sexy one !

What about Naomi lighterrrr? Do you think she is lighter now ? I really do think she is a lot lighter now.. What do you feel?

In the Bollywood actress check this lady called Madhuri Dixit.. She was very dark when she first started in the movies and suddenly became so light.. its not even funny..
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:43 PM
    I remember seeing Naomi Campbell come on Tyra's show, that was the only reason I had watched that episode since I very rarely see Tyra's show. But, I thought Naomi also looked a bit different and skightly lighter, but I wasn't for sure and thought maybe lighting? I don't know

Back in high school I loved Naomi Campbell, I had so many of her photos all over the walls in my bedroom.. among many other picts of people. I always felt that she is one of the most beautiful women in the world and that her features were so beautiful and precise. After hearing about her bad attitude.. that just made me laugh. But, she has nothing to change.. I wish there were many other dark toned super models, the ones chosen are unfortunately few.
    barry101 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Take this test.

1) Take a white child / black child / brown child in front of a beautiful BLACK WOMAN , a brown skinned asian woman and a normally attractive WHITE WOMAN with blue eyes.

I promise you the response you will see is shocking. THE CHILD will automatically respond to the WHITE girl or the the LIGHT YELLOW BEAUTIFUL TONE.. No matter how much more beautiful that Black woman is in comparison to the other two, the child will NOT give her attention.

Try this with a Black child, try it with a WHITE child.. You just have to see it to believe it!

And mind you, when a child is like two years old or three years old NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE tells them about racism and colour preferences. It just come AUTOMATICALLY !

!

I agree somewhat . I am mixed and my skin is white naturally, and when I was a baby and a toddler, I did not like dark people at all. I would scream when I saw them, not in the street, but if they came to my house, didn't want them to touch me, and would scream if they did. Some of my family are medium brown and I had no problem with them, but a dark black person would turn me off. I would not protest if a light person tried to touch me. I grew up in a mostly black country. If that sounds mean, well I can't help it. But no one ever taught me that, it was innate.

Aug 27, 2009, 01:22 AM

I agree that Naomi is beautiful...

I think she looked much better as a model in her chocolate brown days though...

In tyras show I'm positive she had lightened.. if you watch the show again... you have to notice her knuckles... they are really very dark compared to the rest of her hand..

Hq usually lightens you well but doesn't do the knuckles and edges too well...

Well whatever said, I think Naomi was very sexy... and going lighter that sexual appeal was sort of lost...

In fact I know Id sound silly but Naomi was looking almost like Beyonce on the tyra show but then again its only my observation...

Aug 27, 2009, 01:26 AM

@barry - that's exactly the case with me barry...

I was somewhat the same... I used to get frightened and it was innate too...

I don't know why me saying what I felt as a kid wihtout anyone's biases has created so much of a ruckus...

Its just a fact that I cannot change ! But then again , as we grow up we realise that this is not the case . In fact some of the attractive ones come from the darker skin tones...

As kids you just don't see that .
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 07:58 AM

Choco you got issues and so what we all do but you need to calm down girl, lets work together
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by barry101 View Post
    I agree somewhat . I am mixed and my skin is white naturally, and when I was a baby and a toddler, I did not like dark people at all. I would scream when I saw them, not in the street, but if they came to my house, didn't want them to touch me, and would scream if they did. Some of my family are medium brown and I had no problem with them, but a dark black person would turn me off. I would not protest if a light person tried to touch me. I grew up in a mostly black country. If that sounds mean, well I can't help it. But no one ever taught me that, it was innate.
    Barry101 That was only because a child may only fear what they are unfamiliar with and what they have not been exposed to. Such as unfamiliar surroundings and unfamiliar people that are completely different from what they are used to. Whether that is very fair tones or very dark tones.

Imgorgeous I aggree with the Naomi Cambell situation. True about the nuckles, to me they are so difficult to lighten. I mean I am able to lighten my knuckles but not as light as the rest of my hands. I even tried by making my hand into a fist and applying the lightener one by one. Even the singer Amerie, I noticed she looked much much lighter that I barely recognized her, but her knuckles were very dark.

Aug 28, 2009, 02:25 AM
    OK

Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    choco you got issues and so what we all do but you need to calm down girl, lets work together
    Don't tell me to carm down and I have issues what issues who are you to tell me I have issues who said I was getting all crazy then good for you if you think I'm crazy all obessed with fake manipulative drug adicted celebrities like and naiomi campbell who just about tried to kill anyone one she knew, just as hypocritall as you saying I need to calm down what's bad and crazy about I have said does the truth hurt or something just because my typing looks like I'm speaking aggresively doesn't mean I am if you want to talk about tyra banks weave or naiomi campbell's face feel free I couldn't care less just don't talk about it on my post which was posted to to avoid superficall ideologies of fake celebs the focus was on those women on that show if anyone could relate to them. Go ahed and call me crazy cause I swer a lot or cause I think some one is insane for thinking lighter skin is the way and dark skin made them them cringe ple can only reply with crap like your crazy they don't know decent or clever way to reply tell me what I said that doesn't make sense or is false?

Aug 28, 2009, 05:11 AM

Choco you are beyond comprehension..

Yeah you are right, this thread BELONGS to you !

Have fun with your thread !

We all empathise with theose women on the show. And for your information just because I couldn't relate to dark colour as a kid does not mean I don't now.. I found almost all the women on that showgoodlooking - well one of them I didn't like but the rest ranged from moderately pretty to pretty

Aug 28, 2009, 06:32 PM
    choco you are beyond comprehension..

yeah you are right, this thread BELONGS to you !

have fun with your thread !

We all empathise with theose women on the show. And for your information just because I couldnt relate to dark colour as a kid does not mean I dont now.. I found almost all the women on that showgoodlooking - well one of them i didnt like but the rest ranged from moderately pretty to pretty
    I didn't say the thread belonged to me
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 06:50 PM

Choco I am trying to understand you but my simple mind can't get it, I saw the tyra show and I'm a black women and it did nothing for me I was like whatever! He show won't stop me from lightening or as the africans in africa call it "skin toning"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

Bleaching Dyed Black Hair Bleach Blonde. [ 1 Answers ]

i only want to bleach top half of my head, because i want to keep the black underneath, and id say ive only dyed them parts one permanent, and semi -permants about 5 times.. my hairs in normal good condition, i just want to know how many bleaches it will take please, and if my hair will fall out,...

How do I put black lowlights on bleach blonde hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair , with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and...

Professional told me she has to bleach out the black! [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 3 or 4 months ago with a permanent dye from Sally's. I now have about 2 inches of regrowth, and want to go back to my natural dirty blonde color for my wedding in two years. I called my salon and she told me that they would have to bleach it out and she couldn't quote me...

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

View more questions Search