Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 24, 2009, 07:28 AM

Well its too bad you feel the need to argue.

I just spoke about what I felt when I was a kid. And what toddlers in my relatives are doing by themselved age two and three... automatically being in awe of the whiter skinned relatives..

And by the way the Iranian Iraqi thingie is true. I have read it on Google... They used pure hydroquinone made from the leaves of some plant... and used it regularly to stay white/ light

And over time genetic mutations actually ensured the kids turned out lighter... and we are talking about hundreds of years... not just two generations.

Aug 24, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Lil Greg , mutations do NOT happen with a logic to it.. Your logic of darkening may be correct but its true the once darker Iranians used Pure Hydroquinone to turn white and mutations caused their kids to be born light automatically

I don't remember the source: but here is a one link where it states Iranians DID USE HQ

cancer

I still cannot find the link where it states how genetic mutations make Iranians and Iraqis much lighter over time using hydroquinone... but I'm sure if you search more you will find it.. Because I DID SEE IT !

Aug 24, 2009, 07:36 AM
    The same link although also talks about HQ causing genetic mutations... for your information...

So that is part two proven.. where HQ use over years cause Iranians to have genetic mutations and their kids were born whiter.

Now do the final part search yourself where the kids were actually born lighter skinned over the hundreds of years... Just because you don't agree with me I cannot spoon feed you !
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:26 AM

Goergeous what you using now babes
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Aug 24, 2009, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    The same link although also talks about HQ causing genetic mutations...... for your information .....

So that is part two proven .. where HQ use over years cause Iranians to have genetic mutations and their kids were born whiter.

Now do the final part search yourself where the kids were actually born lighter skinned over the hundreds of years..... Just because you dont agree with me I cannot spoon feed you !
    I suppose Southern Europeans (who are darker, such as in France) also used Hydroquinone to "lighten" themselves, and gradually moved northbound and gave off offspring who also mutated into a lighter skin tone.

/Sarcasm

The article states no mutations whatsoever concerning SKIN lightening mutations through DNA. I can understand liver damage, and genetic mutations (which in other words is called "cancer") to the skin, causing much darker and disfigured portions of skin, such as Melanoma or Carcinoma, but everything else is once again, plain BS, or a misunderstanding on your research. (I've read the entire article, it's nothing new.)
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:33 PM

Just love yourself the way G-D made you. Stop all this hate! I love black skin, white skin and every shade in between! What "scares" me is what is inside some of the posters here. Hate of others as well as hate of themselves.

Aug 24, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    Just love yourself the way G-D made you. Stop all this hate! I love black skin, white skin and every shade in between! what "scares" me is what is inside some of the posters here. hate of others as well as hate of themselves.
    Touché. I'm not against lightening your skin, especially if it makes yourself and your body features more prominent. Using skin shade as a reason for not being able to succeed or gain recognition from people around you is what's irritating.

"Oh wow, people like so-and-so because he's light brown, and I'm dark brown."

Aug 24, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Hey Lighterr...
    How's you ?

Currently I am using Monobenzone itself... I am very resilient and don't stop using stuff for a long time... just to make sure I ddint opt out before real results do me good... I tried it with benzyl for over a year and it didn't work...

Now I'm on monobenzone.. like six months ? And its not working either...

I have hq and will use it if the need comes... but for now only mono !

BTW how is your progress going on lighter?? Have the spots dissappeared ? Or are you still struggling with them ? Is the african weather tannig you back again ? You isn't planning to move back to canada?? I mean the weather there will do you so much more good than in africa where it is humid and hot !

I really like the weather in the uK and its so much better as compared to India... I don't wish to go back at all !

@lilgreg - No new research? It very clearly states in the article how Iranians used HQ to stay white! It is also a fact that Iranians were darker people than they are now! And the continuous usage of lightening through pure hq mutated them to what they are today...

And at no point have I denied that people within a country from the southern end are usually darker... that's a fact too! However, it could also mean that iranians who used HQ directly from plant extracts back then whitened.. however using HQ does not mean all will have the same colour.. Depending on the area, the hq will work as much also... meaning that it may whiten people in colder areas more.. and warmer areas less... Besides have you even been to Iran? It is a HOT country.. You'd be surprised that the country has climate as warm as african as well as south asian states... yet they end up being lighter... so the colour can also depend on various other factors including their ancient food habits etc.

Listen mate, You are not a child... Don't behave like one... If you want to find the information go search for yourself. I have mentioned this before that this isn't the link I had accessed earlier. And in that link it was clearly mentioned how Irani people lightened their skin and over time their kids were born lighter due to mutations... Pure Hq from plant extracts are not the same as your artificially prepared over the counter and prescription HQ...

There are other articles apart from this which have stated that... LIke I said earlier... I am not going to go around searching and spoonfeeding you the news... If you don't believe it.. then you can have fun! And if you want to believe it then go have some MORE FUN !

Enjoy!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:31 PM

Georgeous

I am still struggeling with the spots OMG I am trying to get ahold of mpk so she can give me some of what her doc is giving her, I am desperate I am probably going to revert to mono again and go all the way this time since my skin is SPOTTED Anyway and you know once mono makes you white you don't repig cause the spots are not going away at all.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 24, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Yes can you please tell us what you are using?
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    goergeous what you using now babes

Aug 24, 2009, 02:58 PM

so sexy.. I'm still using monobenzone!

Aug 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
    Lighter if you spots are not really going , why don't you go to the doc... because if its vitiligo then I'm sure he will depig you himself!

Why wait.. rush to the doc and find out if he has a remedy for you !

Aug 24, 2009, 04:35 PM
    @lilgreg - No new research? It very clearly states in the article how Iranians used HQ to stay white! It is also a fact that Iranians were darker people than they are now! And the continuous usage of lightening through pure hq mutated them to what they are today...
    Who said I didn't believe that they never used HQ to lighten their skin? I think it's best you revise what I've been posting, and realize that HQ had to have some form of origin, such as in Iraq or Iran. What you've failed to comprehend is that HQ was NOT the reason for a majority of Iraqis and Iranians having lighter skinned off-spring. That's the biggest pile of rubbish one could ever believe; apart from not even being stated in the article that you try to use as evidence.

Listen mate, You are not a child... Dont behave like one..... If you want to find the information go search for yourself. I have mentioned this before that this isnt the link I had accessed earlier. and in that link it was clearly mentioned how Irani people lightened their skin and over time their kids were born lighter due to mutations... Pure Hq from plant extracts are not the same as your artificially prepared over the counter and prescription HQ .....
    Of course I'm not a child, and I daresay I'm acting like one by debunking your theories of skin lightening mutations. If anything, you may as well accept that nobody here will believe you unless you show the evidence. As far as we all know, not all sources are true; and so far, you've even misinterpreted your own sources.

There are other articles apart from this which have stated that... LIke I said earlier...I am not going to go around searching and spoonfeeding you the news... If you dont believe it .. then you can have fun! And if you want to believe it then go have some MORE FUN !
    I've provided more than sufficient theories that can relate to each other which all prove that Hydroquinone did not result in genetic mutation DIRECTLY relating to the gene "SLC24A5", which determines the number and size of melanin packets produced by your melanocytes, or in other words their activity level.

If I've come off a bit too harsh, please accept my apologies. This topic itself is not necessary and takes racist and inaccurate perspectives a bit too far. (Which I feel ought to be debunked before given the ability to penetrate the minds of others.)
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:43 PM
    Whoah...I see all the action happened once I logged off? Some things really caught my attention here:

All of Africa IS NOT humid and hot, of course some areas are hotter than others and the same vice versa where I had to where a sweater and gloves during the cold/rainy seasons. I know this because I used to live in Ethiopia, Northern Sudan, and Egypt, and have visited several other countries

I completely disagree that babies choose whiter/lighter toned people and fear darker toned people. That is a complete racist and colorist statement. A child is not born WITH ignorance, though they may be born into an ignorant environment and even taught such ignorance. A child may only fear what they are unfamiliar with, such as unfamiliar surroundings and unfamiliar people that are completely different from what they are used to.

I have lived among Egyptians in Egypt and here in the States and I have seen a variety of colors and hair textures. From fair due to Arab and European intermixing, all the way to even darker tones, even darker than I. It is completely false and stereotypical to think that all Africans are dark-skinned, I have seen many in other parts of Africa unmixed and undiluted natives where the skin was much fairer.

About the Hydroquinone, if it had made one race much lighter then it would have made other races much lighter after generations of use. I'm not saying that people's features, complexion, and hair texture can not evolve through time, because obviously it does as we are literally ONE race who have adapted to our environments. But, with the Hq situation, that will only cause kidney and other organ problems later down the road including hyperpigmentation and other forms of skin diseases through the use of pure Hq.

When I see that darker toned Indians bleach their skin I wonder why because personally I find them to posses greater amount of beauty along with their features...but I guess they would wonder why I do the same.

I strongly believe the Caste system is sick and horrific...but what many people fail to realize that the caste system and colorism exists throughout the world and even in predominately darker toned countries as well, and it is all sick. This may not be as visible to people who do not have to go through this. But, to darker people it is Very real as they can tell you their experiences. I would never advise anyone that they should lighten their skin; they are free to do as they wish. But, if they happen to desire to lighten it I do not have the right to judge.

I also am completely against some people who feel that they are more "superior" to others just because of the complexion of their skin is lighter, is sick and needs to see a shrink. That is the most ignorant colorist idea I have ever seen. When I lighten I never feel that I am more superior, instead I notice I am treated more like an equal. For years I tried to deny this, but reality is too obvious verbally and physically that many darker toned people are treated differently even many times among their own kind. I have seen many forms of racism, but I find it really sick when someone is racist among their own kind. If anyone who actually believes society has no form of effect, then I suggest simply turn on your tv and critically tell me what you observe. No child is Automatically in awe of the whiter skinned relatives.

As I had mentioned before, a child is not born with ignorance. They are born with innocence. But, they can be born into an ignorant environment and taught such ignorance. That's what's wrong with so may people today...

Aug 24, 2009, 06:14 PM

Okies...

@ lilgreg- yo bro, lets cut this topic... Forget we or essentially I even brought it up. I was just speaking about my personal memories as a child ( at least of what I remember) and I think the topic took another twist.

So I guess I could apologise too because I meant no harm and didn't mean to seem offensive to anyone. I cannot change what I felt though and I distinctly remember how I did feel! I cannot explain why that is though; becoz till date no one in my house ever speaks of colour( except maybe my sister who is extremely conscious of her darker skin , the rest of my family is light asian skinned) , so I guess we could leave it at that !

I do hope we are taking all our conversations as healthy conversations and not otherwise... because I know for one, that's what I really am here for ! I just felt a little upset that my personal feelings of what I did feel as a kid seem so unbelievable to others... But I guess all of us need not have to relate to the same experiences

Thanks !
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 24, 2009, 06:57 PM
    Yes Please we are here to gain info and learn from each other on how to achieve the skin tone that we want. So with that being said Golden Girl any updates on what you may have decided to try?
    Okies...

@ lilgreg- yo bro, lets cut this topic.... Forget we or essentially I even brought it up. I was just speaking about my personal memories as a child ( atleast of what I remember) and I think the topic took another twist.

So I guess I could apologise too coz I meant no harm and didnt mean to seem offensive to anyone. I cannot change what I felt though and I distinctly remember how I did feel! I cannot explain why that is though; becoz till date no one in my house ever speaks of colour( except maybe my sister who is extremely conscious of her darker skin , the rest of my family is light asian skinned) , so I guess we could leave it at that !

I do hope we are taking all our conversations as healthy conversations and not otherwise..... because I know for one, thats what I really am here for ! I just felt a little upset that my personal feelings of what I did feel as a kid seem so unbelievable to others..... But I guess all of us need not have to relate to the same experiences

Thanks !
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Well, I have a few ideas. I will definitely be using Retin-A (Tretinoine) to help the skin become lighter much quicker. Now I'm still trying to make up my mind if I should try the Fair & White products to see if it lightens. I know it contains Hq and I really do not know how others experiences are with it. Secondly, considering Mequinol if they happen to lighten evenly and gradually and will not cause me harm. I am also considering the Hq & Retin-A method and then transition to something safer. And my last consideration, which may be my first decision is with the sepiwhite and retin-A regimine or maybe even use just Alpha-Arbutin, which means I would have to learn how to make my own formulas and buy the extra equipment needed. But, seems like a bright idea. As you can see I have quite a bit on my list to choose from, but it's nolonger blank... :confused:

What about you?

Aug 25, 2009, 12:23 PM

Glad to see that we've come to a settled agreement.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Well, I have a few ideas. I will definitely be using Retin-A (Tretinoine) to help the skin become lighter much quicker. Now I'm still trying to make up my mind if I should try the Fair & White products to see if it lightens. I know it contains Hq and I really do not know how others experiences are with it. Secondly, considering Mequinol if they happen to lighten evenly and gradually and will not cause me harm. I am also considering the Hq & Retin-A method and then transition to something safer. And my last consideration, which may be my first decision is with the sepiwhite and retin-A regimine or maybe even use just Alpha-Arbutin, which means I would have to learn how to make my own formulas and buy the extra equipment needed. But, seems like a bright idea. As you can see I have quite a bit on my list to choose from, but it's nolonger blank...:confused:

What about you?
    WHOAAAA FAIR & WHITE CONTAINS HQ I did not know that is it true?
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Aug 25, 2009, 01:35 PM

In defense of Ms. Tyra Banks, she did not "lighten her skin", in fact she tans and always wears makeup that is darker than her own skin. Most women who are fixed on being "light" will wear makeup that is a shade lighter (a lot of black celebrities do this).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde->Black Hair Coloring: Bleach first? [ 16 Answers ]

I am planning on dying my hair from dark blond (level 7) to black (level 1). My friend is telling me that I should pull all color out of my hair before dying it black so that I do not get unwanted colors in it. However, I have very fine hair and I am worried about the amount of damage that pulling...

Bleaching Dyed Black Hair Bleach Blonde. [ 1 Answers ]

i only want to bleach top half of my head, because i want to keep the black underneath, and id say ive only dyed them parts one permanent, and semi -permants about 5 times.. my hairs in normal good condition, i just want to know how many bleaches it will take please, and if my hair will fall out,...

How do I put black lowlights on bleach blonde hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I have this amazing plan for my hair, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make it work. My idea is to have bleached blonde hair , with black lowlights in it, and a couple red streaks in my bangs. I know from experience that putting dark colors on bleached hair doesn't work out very well, and...

Professional told me she has to bleach out the black! [ 2 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black about 3 or 4 months ago with a permanent dye from Sally's. I now have about 2 inches of regrowth, and want to go back to my natural dirty blonde color for my wedding in two years. I called my salon and she told me that they would have to bleach it out and she couldn't quote me...

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

View more questions Search