Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burkelcan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Type of paint to use to decorate a chair
    I have an old wooden chair that belonged to my mother. I have seen a chair done with a favorite quote or passage written on the seat. What type of craft paint or other instrument should I use to write the wording on the seat. The chair already is painted, and the paint is still in good condition. I just want to add the quotation.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 13, 2009, 11:25 AM

Acrylic paint or rub-on transfer letters will both work. If you use the run-ons then you'll have to clear coat them to keep them from rubbing or scratching off. I would suggest just using acrylic paint. You can get little bottles of it in the craft department of pretty much any department store for a dollar or two.
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Aug 16, 2009, 12:09 PM

Don't forget if you acrylic paint use a spray sealer afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type of paint for kitchen? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of repainting my kitchen. Should I use a particular primer and paint behind the stove, countertops and sink? Could I use gloss over an oil based primer?

Correct type of exterior primer and paint? [ 3 Answers ]

We've had 3-4 estimates for exterior painting, but I have decided to do it myself. All the estimates specified (after prep work) applying one coat of oil-based primer and one coat of latex paint. Why would they use oil-based primer under latex paint? I assume the existing paint is oil-based,...

What type of paint did MIRO use? [ 3 Answers ]

It was very liquid. He would poor it in large quantities in a bowl especially the black and red. (seen this in documentaries about him) I am not sure but the black seemed a bit like Chinese Ink, could that be it? What about the deep dark red? I think it's the same substance illustrators use......

How to decorate a room with a large zebra fabric covered sofa [ 5 Answers ]

I have just bought a large zebra fabric covered sofa and need some advice on how to decorate the room. At present it has a mid green carpet and pale yellow walls - should I change these and what colour should the curtains be

Type of paint [ 9 Answers ]

What type of paint do I use on my front door,metal?

View more questions Search