Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbie47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Can I buy paxil in Mexico
    Hi Everybody! This is my first post.

I have a prescription for paxil (peroxitine) but I'm going to run out right when I'm travelling to Mazatlan for vacation. I use a mail in pharmacy and I have a new doctor so I'm afraid by the time the prescription gets refilled it will be too late. So I was wondering if the rumors are true that you can buy anything in a pharmacia in Mexico. And specifically, can I expect them to have paroxitine?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:09 PM

When I was in mexico last year I remember seeing tons of prescription drugs in the stores. Or at least drugs that are prescriptions here, they weren't there. They were sold as otc's. I'd be a little scared to buy them there. But maybe I'm just paranoid. Have you tried explaining your situation to your dr?
    abbie47 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Thanks, justcurious55. You make a good point about needing to be a little cautious. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so I probably can work something out, but it's always nice to have a back up plan. Sure appreciate the swift response!
    pharmatech Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 11:57 PM

Keep in mind that Mexico does not have anything like an FDA that sets regulations on how the pills are produced. So while you may get the 20 mg paxil that you need in one 1 pill, you could get 10 mg in the next pill plus who knows what else.
    Check to see if perhaps your doctor has samples or maybe could write you a 30 day prescription for it. I know Wal-mart, Kroger and several other stores have a $4 and $10 list that you can get your prescription filled on without having to file it on your insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Libido and Paxil [ 1 Answers ]

I have been taking the antidepressanr Paxil for several years now. Problem is that a side effect is that it all but destroys your libido. I don't think that the doctors knew when he prescribed it for me about 6 years ago that it also is addictive. So all attempts to cut back or stop taking...

Paxil Effects [ 4 Answers ]

I have been taking Paxil for about 5 years. I've lately noticed that when I take 40 mg/daily---my prescribed amount, I have been having very vivid and distrressing dreams---Previously that would happen only when I missed a few days or cut down drastically. As a 61-year-old male, I also...

Will I be able to go to Mexico? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stay of proceedings for theft under 5000 on my record, from sept. 2008 and Im flying directly from canada to mexico, will I be turned down at the gates? Or will I be able to continue on my vacation? I just don't know the mexican policies on stay of proceedings. Thanks for any feedback

Paxil CR [ 1 Answers ]

I know this may sound like a silly question, but I am genuinly wondering: I recently got started on a medication for social anxiety - Paxil CR (except I am taking the generic kind), and on the bottle it says "do not drink alcoholic beverages while taking this medication". I am planning on being...

Mexico boy [ 1 Answers ]

OK well awhile ago I went to mexico I have family so there. So went we were over there this one kid send some one to go tell me that he want to go walking wit me. I mexico that mean a guy likes you. My little sister heard and she was like no, no. the guy was still standing there waiting for what I...

View more questions Search