Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azumi13 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Aug 13, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Surfing movies
    I'm trying to find some surfing movies if you could tell me the name of a few surfing movies and I mean movies not documentries
    Thanks in advance
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:45 AM

Just about anything with Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon from Beach Party Bingo on up (and down).
    Tetraforce Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 05:18 PM

Well,

Surf Ninjas... a 93 comedic family film involving martial arts. Stars Ernie Reyes Jr.

Chairman of the Board, a 98 movie starring Carrot Top in which a surfer/a wacky inventor (Carrot Top) suddenly inherits and runs a billionaire's company.

Pointbreak (Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swazey) some painful dialogue and awkward surfer stereotyping.

Airborne is about a displaced surfer. Californian Surfer goes to Seattle WA, so it's a chimera of surfing, hockey and inline roller-skating. So there is surfing in the beginning and in soft of flashback scene, but to regain respect he's playing the local games. Like an 80s Johnny Tsunami.

Johnny Tsunami is a 99 Disney movie of a surfer kid living in Hawaii, his grandpa is a surf legend. But then, but his dad gets a job transfer and makes Johnny move to Vermont, where he is force to adapt and he snow boards.

Meet the Deedles, a 98 American live-action Disney comedy starring Paul Walker and Steve Van Wormer. Its another one of Disney's attempts to capitalize on surf culture, the other two prime examples are Johnny Tsunami and Rip Girls. Meet the Deedles follows the story of two dimwitted surfer brothers from a wealthy family, who are expelled from their high school after several reckless shenanigans.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 05:59 PM
    North Shore with Matt Adler, Gregory Harrison and Nia Peeples. I loved this movie.
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Aug 14, 2009, 04:43 AM

Point Break is my fave.

I enjoyed Bloodsurf too... but for different reasons. Real cheesy horror flick with killer sharks, a giant crocodile and some surfing (oh yeah, and a hot chick who gets naked).
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Aug 14, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Guys, come on...

Big Wednesday (1978)
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Aug 14, 2009, 05:02 AM
    It can be pretty borderline what is a documentary and what is a movie with the surfing movies sometimes.

Surf film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there's also movies just based around the ocean;
    E.g. Puberty Blues (1981)
    (Check out the Aussie Lingo)

Aug 14, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetraforce View Post
    Well,

Surf Ninjas... a 93 comedic family film involving martial arts. Stars Ernie Reyes Jr.

Chairman of the Board, a 98 movie starring Carrot Top in which a surfer/a wacky inventor (Carrot Top) suddenly inherits and runs a billionaire's company.

Pointbreak (Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swazey) some painful dialogue and awkward surfer stereotyping.

Airborne is about a displaced surfer. Californian Surfer goes to Seattle WA, so its a chimera of surfing, hockey and inline roller-skating. So there is surfing in the beginning and in soft of flashback scene, but to regain respect he's playing the local games. Like an 80s Johnny Tsunami.

Johnny Tsunami is a 99 Disney movie of a surfer kid living in Hawaii, his grandpa is a surf legend. But then, but his dad gets a job transfer and makes Johnny move to Vermont, where he is force to adapt and he snow boards.

Meet the Deedles, a 98 American live-action Disney comedy starring Paul Walker and Steve Van Wormer. Its another one of Disney's attempts to capitalize on surf culture, the other two prime examples are Johnny Tsunami and Rip Girls. Meet the Deedles follows the story of two dimwitted surfer brothers from a wealthy family, who are expelled from their high school after several reckless shenanigans.
    Surf ninjas my fave film of all time.

I enjoyed airborne bit cheesy though

Nice one thanks for your help

Aug 14, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB4657 View Post
    North Shore with Matt Adler, Gregory Harrison and Nia Peeples. I loved this movie.
    Awesome movie recently rediscovered it used to love as a kid
    Thanks for your help

Aug 14, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogdude View Post
    Point Break is my fave.

I enjoyed Bloodsurf too... but for different reasons. Real cheesy horror flick with killer sharks, a giant crocodile and some surfing (oh yeah, and a hot chick who gets naked).
    Thanks for your help
    Any hot dudes get naked in it

Aug 14, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Guys, come on...

Big Wednesday (1978)
    Classic thanks guy

Aug 14, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    It can be pretty borderline what is a documentary and what is a movie with the surfing movies sometimes.

Surf film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then there's also movies just based around the ocean;
    E.g. Puberty Blues (1981)
    (Check out the Aussie Lingo)
    Thanks again
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Surf Nazis Must Die (1987)
    Frogdude Posts: 190, Reputation: 46

Aug 14, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azumi13 View Post
    thanks for ur help
    any hot dudes get naked in it
    Being a bloke (a surfing one at that) I'm not really sure what makes a dude hot! Maybe :confused: It's cheap enough that it wouldn't matter too much if you got it and didn't like it.

Blue Juice is quite cool too.
    And I know you said no documentaries, but Step Into Liquid is superb, and so is Riding Giants.
    tezz Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2009, 08:09 AM

Blue Crush is another one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

During Surfing browser crashes and system hangs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Buddy I want to ask a question related to Internet and web? During net surfing my browser crashes and system hangs and does not respond. Is this problem or error related to browser or computer system? My operating system is Windows Me. Please do sort out my query if anybody know...

Surfing Ban Site Etc! [ 4 Answers ]

Is their any possibility that Surfing Can Bo Offence at any stage? Or When Surfing Can be offence? I.e. Surfing Ban Sites when person who is Surfing does not know about it? Remove the Doubt!:confused: Thanks

Sharing my neighbors wifi;surfing habits [ 4 Answers ]

If my neighbor allows me to use his wifi for free, can he view my surfing habits? He happens to be a computer programmer. If so, is there any way to prevent him from seeing my surfing habits? Thanks

Surfing [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was wondering if anybody could give me some tips on how to stand up on a shortboard I think its 6'3 and quite thin can't remember how thin though, I have managed to stand up on a mini mal 8' before but never a short board. Thanks Lil_AzZa

Difficult surfing [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know what would cause this problem: I log on to the internet, and surf around for about 15min to 1/2 hour, everything is very, though a little slow. Then I start getting "page not found errors" and other similar errors for sites that I know exist, though I know I am still logged on. ...

View more questions Search