Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Photsynthesis in the water
    I have a couple questions.

What molecules are the reactants and products of photosynthesis?

What molecules ar the reactants and products of repsiration?

Where does photosynthesis occur in the oceans?

Is gas more soluble in warm or cold seawater?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 25, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara11
    i have a couple questions.

Where does photosynthesis occur in the oceans?

It is a question of depth actually. Photosynthesis requires light and light isn't present at a certain depth. So most photosynthesis occurs in what is called the photic zone-that's the region up to where light can penetrate and the process of photosynthesis can be sustained via photosynthesizing microorganisms. Needless to say, the larger photosynthesizing oceanic plant life is found mostly on the continental shelves.
    u08dc4 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

May 25, 2007, 07:04 AM
    What molecules are the reactants and products of photosynthesis?
    6CO2 + 12H2O and light = C6H12O6 + 6O2 +6H2O

what molecules ar the reactants and products of repsiration?
    the reactants are C6H12O6 + 6O2 = 6CO2 + 6H2O + energy

Where does photosynthesis occur in the oceans? Depends on depth and mixing in coastal waters can be as little as 5 meters and in the open ocean the photic zone can stretch to 200meters

Is gas more soluble in warm or cold seawater? Cold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold water tap [ 15 Answers ]

Hot water is coming from 2 cold water taps and one upstairs toilet, turns to cold after 15-20 seconds, it comes out very hot. Thought it might be Bleeding through faucets, so changed laundry tub and kitchen faucett. Still does it. The cold pipes seem to get hot from near the water tank. The dip...

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

View more questions Search