Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manno066 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Kidnapped movie need title
    Not much info on this one. Was made around late 70's possibly early 80's about a man who kidnapps this girl and buries her in a coffin with just a straw to breathe through. I'm sure it was based on a true story but not 100%. Anyway I think he wanted ransome money and was a great old scare flick. Anyone have any ideas? Any answers would be appreciated:confused:

TIA

Manno
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:23 AM

Sounds a lot like the Vanishing

The Vanishing (1993)
    azumi13 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Aug 13, 2009, 10:15 AM

Is that the one with keifer sutherland in
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by azumi13 View Post
    is that the one with keifer sutherland in
    It is. I believe it was a remake though. Just couldn't find the original.

Aug 13, 2009, 02:33 PM

Yeah, I think the vanishing was a remake because it was made much earlier than 1993. I had trouble finding the original title as well. Keep your answers coming all would be a great help
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 03:59 PM

Spoorloos (1988) was the original version of The Vanishing. Not sure about the straw part but The Longest Night is about a kidnapped woman buried alive: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068875/

Aug 14, 2009, 12:35 AM

Quinn F you're a genius..! It's the longest night 1972 I remember the parents were wealthy and looking for their daughter. I was hoping you'll read my post and as always never fail me. Thanks again mate
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Aug 14, 2009, 05:41 AM

Glad to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of early 90's or late 80's movie title [ 21 Answers ]

All I can remember is a boy being taken away from his mom in a clear barrel by NASA guys dressed in white suits. Something about doing experiments on him was needed or something. Please help me out if possible.

Movie with kidnapped girl [ 13 Answers ]

I am looking for the movie with a little girl that was locked away in a basement room/cellar. The little girl does not talk and a woman comes to her rescue. But the woman is chased throughout the house by vicous black dogs and she escapes through the window. There is more to this movie, but this is...

Looking For Movie Title of 90's Movie That Was Kind of Like Secret Garden [ 2 Answers ]

Im looking for the name of a movie and can't find it anywhere, its been driving me crazy for like the past three years. It's a chaldren's movie that I remember being similar to the Secret Garden. All I can remember is that a little girl is told not to enter a room, and she ended up finding...

Need to find the movie with a kidnapped girl [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the movie with a little girl that was locked away in a basement room/cellar. The little girl does not talk and a woman comes to her rescue. But the woman is chased throughout the house by vicous black dogs and she escapes through the window. There is more to this movie, but this is...

View more questions Search