Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shinsolja Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Furnace has no heat
    Please help

My furnace is not working and I know very little about it.. I was told it does not have pilot but has an ignitor... I turned it on yesterday but it didn't come on.. There is a glass mirror on the door that has a red light in it.. The red light brinks rapidly so I know it has power but nothing works.. Any advise would be great help. Thank you
    papa_jon_81 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 05:52 PM
    What is the maker of the furnace, and how many flashes does the little red light do?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 07:00 PM
    Make, year, and efficiency please. A model number may help but there are so many furnaces out there, books are at work and I do this from home.
    shinsolja Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 07:56 AM
    Hi,

My furnace is a Goodman brand model no. u-29 rev-a
    The red light blink continuously. I looked on the panel and found a troubleshooting quide. It says with light blink rapid continuous means incorrect twinning or incorrect primary polarity. Must check reverse transformer, secondary leads or reverse primary wires. I don't know what all these mean. Should I contact a service man.. :confused: Thanks for all the helps..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Gives Heat but Cycles Frequently [ 16 Answers ]

OK, Labman and others proved very helpful in the past with my ignitor problem so now I have another question: How long should a proper furnace run between cycles? I have read about the flame sensors and "limit switches" but I'm not sure if this is related to either. My heater seems to go...

I have AC, but no heat... Is the problem my furnace? [ 7 Answers ]

At first, my motor fan would cut off. After replacing the fuses, it kicked back on and I had cool AC. Later down the line, I noticed frost on the pip leading from the furnace to the motor fan. I purchased some insulating tape and called it a day. It seemed to keep it from freezing. Now, I tried...

Running furnace fan without heat [ 5 Answers ]

I read some of the other similar posts. I am encouraged that there is a way to do without a spot for the green wire. Labman, could you give me directions on how you to accomplish this. Thanks so much! Nate

Furnace tuneup and now no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have an oil furnace with an indirect water heater attached. Recently my water heater went bad (I believe it was the coil) I had a plumber come and replace the water heater, and while he was there tune-up my furnace (clean nozzle, etc) The next morning NO HEAT. Plumber was away for the...

Furnace won't heat in Auto [ 2 Answers ]

I have read the different posting and replys, but they don't seem to address my problem. Friend has an older Kenmore Power Miser 70 that has an old electronic ign. (no flame senser). The furnace will heat when the fan switch is set to "on" position, and it will cycle the heat. When the fan is...

View more questions Search