Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almertah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Laptop keyboard not functioning
    I have ASUS M2 laptop it was working fine recently there is a problem that “ I have to press the power switch then the windows button to start it “ also after it starts its keyboard is not working and its behavior like the CTRL key is pressed “ I formatted it but no change!! Is there any help? Thanks
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 11:48 PM

Maybe, if it's acting like the CTRL key is pressed, then that specific key is broken.

Try removing your CTRL key (or keys, if your laptop has two) and cleaning it, making sure that you replace them correctly.
    Perhaps that could help.

Curious, how are you typing this? Are you using a different computer, onscreen keyboard, or usb keyboard?
    almertah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 02:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Maybe, if it's acting like the CTRL key is pressed, then that specific key is broken.

Try removing your CTRL key (or keys, if your laptop has two) and cleaning it, making sure that you replace them correctly.
    Perhaps that could help.

Curious, how are you typing this? Are you using a different computer, onscreen keyboard, or usb keyboard?
    I am typing on other PC , but what about the start on b

Y pressing power switch then windows button??
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 02:50 AM

Well, I assumed that it was related.

I'm not sure how your laptop works, but I know that starting up some computers, holding different buttons will open different ways. For example, Holding F2 goes to safe mode, holding F11 goes to BIOS menu, holding Windows button goes to Windows.
    How exactly does it start up (or try to start up) without holding the windows button?

Anyway, if it's not related, you would be better off solving one problem at a time. If you can start with the easiest problem first, it could make solving the bigger problems easier.
    harry hacking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 05:01 PM
    After setting my laptop to origanal factory setting my keyboard will not work at all no matter wichn key I press can you help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard not functioning in my Laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have HpPavilion dv1000 Laptop model. I am facing the problem, in which my when enter some letter from the keyboard it is not getting typed instead it is opening some other thing (for example, if I type "f" is displaying the function of Ctrl+f function). If I press Esc windows menu is...

Laptop keys not functioning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've hp pavilion dv2710us with windows vista, My problem is all of a sudden key board & touch pad have stopped responding Someone kindly help me Cheenu

Laptop Speakers/Head Set functioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have bought Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop in India. For a quite good time, its speaker system and headset worked well. But recently, when In inserted headset pin in the jack, its inbuilt speakers are not switching off and also the headset output is not working. Can any one help me. I have Realtek...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Laptop keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

I turned on my laptop this morning and I can't seem to type out the letters "o" and "p",

View more questions Search