Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojo5359 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Estimate cost of exterior painters
    I am looking for ballpark figures on what it costs to have somebody re-paint the exterior of our home? We have a main house plus a guest house, total sq ft is approx 7500. We will use 3 colors.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Hi, jojo5359!

How much it might cost would depend on a number of factors, such as, the manner in which the paint is applied, i.e. sprayed, rolled or brushed. The number of coats to be applied. Whether a primer is to be applied. The type of paint to be applied. The type of surface area that is to be painted. The amount of surface preparation/repairs that are needed. Whether anything needs to be moved by the painter in order to facilitate being able to paint the surface areas to be painted. The approximate location of the paint job - prices will vary, depending on the location. One story, two story or more. Whether the job is done by a true, painting pro or a handyman, etc.

So, it would help us to help you the best if we could have more specifics as to what's involved with the paint job. The differences could be in the hundred's or even thousands of dollars, depending on the specific requirements for the job and also where the job is located.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do an exterior painting estimate [ 9 Answers ]

I am wondering how to accurately calculate a painting estimate for exterior jobs... Thanks!

Estimate to strip, prep and paint an exterior steel staircase [ 4 Answers ]

The staircase is about 30 years old and looks awful. I can see at least 3 layers of paint on top of a red primer. The paint is peeling off and there are large areas of exposed rusted metal. The rust is so bad it has stained the concrete below. The staircase has a steel frame and concrete steps....

Cost of Hiring Painters [ 4 Answers ]

:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!! ;)

Cost Estimate on Used Lawn Mower [ 2 Answers ]

What would the estimated cost be for a Used 1993, Sears Craftsman, 44" Riding Lawn Mower, in excellent condition?

View more questions Search