Ask
    pmitchell26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Where is the filter
    Where do I find the filter in an Evcon Furnace? I can't find it
    pmitchell26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Hello can u tell me where to find the filter
    I am trying to change the filter in my furnace and I can't find it. Where can I look to find it and change the filter. The furnace is an Evcon is a gas and I just can't find the filter any where and I don't know where to look.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Is it in a moble home? If so it should be in the door,, or maybe behind a big vented area above the furnace
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:40 PM

If you AC is a throug wall unit it will be behind a grill on the fromt of the AC.

If it is a central heating and AC unit then it depends on where your furnace is, if it is in the attic of your house then the filter can be in one of many places. It can be in the attic with the furnace, it will be in the end of the furnace that the return air is connected to, there should be a little slot with the filter in it. Also if you furnace is in the attic the filter can be in the return air duct grill, it may be a large grill in the ceiling or in the wall up high or in the wall down low.

If your furnace is in the downstairs or in the garage the filter will more than likely be either in the top section of the furnace if it is a down flow unit (meaniing the air flows down through the furnace) or in the bottom of the furnace if it is an up flow unit (opposite of downflow)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Filter that will Filter Calcium [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is having trouble with kidney stones and they seem to be calcium stones. We would like to get a under the sink filter system that will filter the calcium (among other things). Can you suggest a good filtration system. We have well water. Thank you! :)

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

Web Filter [ 2 Answers ]

What website can I get a web filter free software download like WebSense. I want free software and is easy to control. Thanks for your help.

Ac Filter [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I moved into a house a couple of months ago and I am trying to locate a filter for the Ac so that I can change it. Do all ac units come with a filter? Where else can I look?. The AC is an Airtemp brand (used for heating and air)

Oil on air filter [ 2 Answers ]

I have Wagon R, recently I found oil on frame of air filter. I have maintained my car till date and changed oil every 5000Km. Total Km on meter is 40200 Kms. Pl. advise what to do?

View more questions Search