Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboop278 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 06:46 PM
    Print Spooler service stopped.
    My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and last year when she was at college she downloaded a program called "Print Anywhere". Which in turned caused her print spooler to keep stopping. We have restarted print spooler MANY times. Tonight it started doing it again after not doing it for about 2 months. We tried to install a Lexmark printer that I have and it never truly installed as the print spooler kept stopping. When you go to her printer folder there is nothing there. "NO Printers" are installed. I am at a loss as how to fix this. I have been told to reinstall Vista so that specs are back at when computer came to her from factory. Any help would be deeply appreciated. :eek::confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:10 PM

First thing I would suggest is to uninstall the Print Anywhere

Now check to see if the Print Spooler service is started and how it is set
    -Click on start, run and type services.msc and hit enter
    -Click 'Continue' to message if it comes up
    -Go down list till you see Print Spooler
    -Right click and choose properties

Look in the box next to Startup Type, it should be set to Automatic
    -If not, use the dropdown box and change it to Automatic and click Apply
    -click OK and close the services window

Restart the computer

Now go to control panel and printers and choose Add Printer and go through the process of adding your Lexmark again

You should be able to get this installed now and working

If problems come up or above does not help, just post what comes up and when it may have come up
    bettyboop278 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 10:07 PM

Thank you, we have already uninstalled the Print anywhere program. We have turned the print spooler to automatic. I will try this again and see what happens. I may be back with more question. Thanks again.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 10:22 PM

Just post back when get a chance and hope that helped out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Print Spooler service not working [ 7 Answers ]

My printer stopped printing. When I checked the printer box it was not there anymore so I tried to add it and I got the error message that my print spooler service was not running. When I go into the spooler service it is stopped. When I try to start it I get the error message that the system...

Could not start the Print Spooler Service on Local Computer - Error 2 [ 11 Answers ]

When I click on Start / Control Panel/ Printers and other Hardware / View installed printers there is nothing there! I then try to add a printer where I get a warning box saying ' operation could not be completed the print spooler service is not running' When I try to start the print spooler I get...

"Print Spooler Service Not Running" [ 5 Answers ]

I have a problem with printer. All of a sudden printer has disappeared and when I tried to add printer, I keep getting message "Print spooler service not running" I have tried to restore to a previous date as well as tried to restart the print spooler service but I am getting Error 2 message. ...

The print spooler service is not running! [ 9 Answers ]

I am in need of some help! I do not seem to be able to print anything. When I click on Start / Control Panel/ Printers and other Hardware / View installed printers there is nothing there! I then try to add a printer where I get a warning box saying ' operation could not be completed the print...

Print Spooler is stopped automatically [ 1 Answers ]

In one of the server in our network, print spooler is automatically stopped even though if we start it. In next 5 minutes it is automatically getting stopped by giving the error "Spooler Subsystem App encountered a problem and need to close". Let me know what could be the reason for this and how...

View more questions Search