Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alabamasunshine Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 03:54 PM
    i need suggestions on acne medications.
    I'm 19 year old girl and have had acne since late middle school.. I have tried everything. Right now I am using 'clean and clear' but it only helps a little bit. If you have any suggestion on any good product that won't put a hole in my pocket... let me know. Thanks =]
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 04:18 PM

Often acne is because of a poor diet.
    You need to cut out junk food,
    Use good oils like olive oil
    Omega or flaxseed oil or cod liver oil.
    Use butter instead of margarine

Also these vitamins are good for acne.
    Vitamins B5 (or B complex), A, C, E,

Acne Prevention Vitamins - Top Vitamins and Minerals for Acne Prevention
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 13, 2009, 12:18 AM

Olay cream cleansers are good. They are cheap too.. only about $4 for a 7oz tube.
    Tinkerbell2004 Posts: 49, Reputation: 17

Oct 3, 2009, 03:02 AM

I use the St. Ives Apricot Scrub three times a day, and then apply Noxema after. It leaves a nice cooling feeling after the apricot scrub && if you use it religiously it helps cut down on oil, acne, && blackheads. Also neither are that expensive.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2009, 10:55 AM

Is your hair oily?
    wanttodonate Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 15, 2009, 12:18 AM

You can buy benzoyl peroxide over the counter at your local pharmacy. Also try oxy face wash with benzoyl peroxide in it. It used to be a prescribed medicine but not any more. It will dry your skin though, so if it's getting too dry don't use it as often.
    beca33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 09:53 AM

Try treating your acne with baking soda, its natural and cheap, best of all if it works for you its even better.

Remove all your makeup with a gentle makeup remover.

Don't towel off your face. Let it stay wet.

Pour about three to four tablespoons of baking soda on your palm.

Add the baking soda with a teaspoon of water. Mix them together to make your own acne treatment.

Make sure the mixture is not too thick or too diluted.

Apply it on your dampened face in a circulation motion softly you do not want to aggrivate your face then rinse with warm water water.

Don't leave the baking soda on your skin too long or it will leave your face with dryness.

Diet is important no matter what, but your body is changing hormones are all over. If the baking soda doesn't work get proactive it does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Co-pay on medications [ 1 Answers ]

My employer pays for medical premiums, and I have a co-payment for drugs, can those expenses be claimed when doing tax returns?

Good acne medications [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I was dealing with some acne, most of it wasn't pimples but like red dotty cysts where the skin wasn't exfolitating right, but I was prescribed doxycycline and differin, and I took it for 8 weeks, and I stopped the doxycycline because it made me sick all the time and gave me esophagus...

View more questions Search