Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nabs417 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Friendzoned and confused
    I met this girl last December, she's a family-friend and we've been talking up until last month. She lives in a town a few miles away we've met twice before.
    We mostly instant messaged each other and texted each other. I phoned her once and the other times I tried phoning her , but things always came up for her and she couldn't speak. I gave up trying to phone her.

We've become really close over the months and she even started calling me her best friend.well the thing is I wasn't looking to become her best friend I was looking for something more than just friends.

The holidays came up , and I decided to go to the same place she went on holiday. She asked me where I was staying and I told her that we should meet up, she said sure we could. Before I arrive she tells me that she's going to another city to stay with some family, so I don't see any chance of us meeting. The next day after I arrive, I speak to her and she tells me that she is still in the same city and is only going the next day. I tell her we could have met, but she says she's sorry her head wasn't working. I we start arguing cause I think she's lying and I don't speak to her the rest of that night. The next day we don't speak, and that night she's comes back and texts that she's sorry she doesn't like fighting with me, I forgive her.

About 2 days later I ask her if we could meet up at a mall close to where she was staying, she tells me she'l let me know the next day. The next day comes and I don't get any answer , I text her asking her and she says that she can't meet because she has to babysit, but she's going to be at the mall at the same time I'm going to take the kids to a movie. At the mall I text, but she ignores my texts. To get her attention I send her a text to say that I think I saw her, and she replies instantly. The nights over and we don't end up meeting.

Over the next 3 days we speak as normal, but I'm still upset that I was in the same place as her and we couldn't meet. For the next 2 days , she doesn't contact me and just ignores me. The next day I send her a text thanking her for everything and ignoring me, I tell her to enjoy her life. She texts saying that she wasn't ignoring me , she's been busy with things.
    I tell her that's she must tell me what she wants, and tell me if I'm wasting my time with her, she tells me that she just wants to be friends and that she's sorry if it seemed that she lead me on, which she did. I wouldn't have told her how I felt about her until we've met again but out of anger everything just came out. I tried many times before trying to stop contact with her but she always came back and wanted my attention.

The next few days I don't speak to her until she texts me and tells me that she still wants to be my best friend and doesn't like the fact that we not talking like how always we used to, we should speak as we did. That night I speak to her as normal.

The next day, I go out with a couple of friends for a movie. I am upset because I'm not getting what I want and I'm making her happy by giving her what she wants to be just friends. That night I text her and tell that I don't want to be her best friend and I don't think we should speak as much we did anymore, we'l keep in touch, she gets angry I tells me I'm being immature. I tell her that I don't want to swear her and tell her goodbye.

I don't speak to her for about a month. I go on Facebook one day and see her on, she ignores me and doesn't say anything. Today she was on again but I greet, she replies normally and asks how I'm doing? And what I'v been up to. I ask her if she's still angry, and she says no . We speak a while until she stops replying, she goes off without saying goodbye or anything. What should I do now? Be friends with her again or continue not speaking to her.

I'm regreting speaking to her again because my feelings for her have returned, and I was doing better off without her as I was moving on. Not sure anymore??
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Aug 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
    It just seems like you got too attached without having the courage to directly tell her you were interested in her. Very dramatic overreaction of not being able to hang out with a friend all the time.

There doesn't really seem to be a point in continuing a stilted friendship that you aren't interested in in the first place, especially if you aren't going to tell her your intentions.

Aug 12, 2009, 04:52 PM

Its not cause of not being able to hang out with her , it's the lies that she told as well, and I have told her my intentions but she's only interested in being friends. I taught she was interested cause she'd want me to talk to her late through the night and whenever I wasn't instant messaging she'd text me to come on.

Aug 12, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Whatever I gave to our freindship, I didn't get back
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nabs417 View Post
    whatever i gave to our freindship, i didnt get back
    Then there's no friendship, and what you had cannot be recaptured. The ship doesn't sail backwards. I say move on with your life and do a strict No Contact.

Aug 12, 2009, 05:11 PM

OK thank u
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 07:22 PM

Nabs, I got about half way through that. My summary is that there was a lot of texting. This is done and over with but learn something from it. In the future your time is valuable and if a woman starts wasting it with this nonsense cut her off. I mean just cut her out of your life. Show her with actions that you value your time too much to play this stupid game with her. Don't tell her, just do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 12:02 PM

You should haven given up on her a long time ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So confused [ 2 Answers ]

OK so when my not quit husband looks at me or touches me I can feel the love. When I talk to others about what he means to me I can't stop from uncontrolable sobs. I love this man. Short history is first date was aug. 21 2007 moved intogether oct. 1 2007 we each have 3 kids from previous marriages...

I'm confused [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there, I'm new to the forum, I usually don't talk about this kind of stuff with family or friends because I know that I may just hear what want to hear, so that's why I ask here to people who doesn't know me who would answer honestly. My ex-girlfriend broke up with me two months ago, we...

I've been "friendzoned". [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I'm new here... and have a problem. I like this guy quite a lot. We met one year ago, but at the time he had a girlfriend so we decided to stay friends. Long story short, we went through a phase where we would communicate daily, and he seemed very excited about me, he said I was...

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up wit me 2 weeks ago . She called me almost everyday since then. One phone call I got she told me she love me. The last call I got she called crying, I guess cause she was frestrated wit her life or sometin. She aked me to please calll her back. When I called back to see what...

View more questions Search