Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheetalk1981 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Tax return for USA from india
    How we can file the tax return from india? Do we need to send all the hardcopy of documents to IRS or can we e-file the return. Please guide.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 05:52 AM

You can efile or you can send hard copy.
    However, if you filing with India address, then you can not efile.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 09:34 AM
    If you are filing a resident alien return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ), you can efile.

If you are filing a non-resident alien return (Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ), then the return must be mailed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax return in India for US income [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came here in USA on Dec 1st '08 on L1 visa, now I need to file my return in India for financial year 09-10,My doubt is is my US income is taxable in India ? Do I need to pay tax for Income from Dec' 08 to Mar' 09 in India as well ? I have paid my taxes here in US and filed my returns too.

Tax return. I am on H1B and My wife in India [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am in USA for the full tax year 2008. My wife and son is in India and has H4 visa and will be joining me in June 2009. My wife is working in India and filing her tax in India I heard that even though my wife and son is in india I can claim the tax benefit. Please help me what should...

US tax return filing from India [ 8 Answers ]

I worked in USA for the past 8 years and returned back to India in May 2008 and currently settled in India. Can I file tax return for 2008 in USA by giving my friends USA address as my address while filing so that he can receive the tax refund or is there any other way?

Tax return spouse and kid in india for calendar year [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, My wife was in USA from 2002 and 2006. My wife has ITIN number and my son has SSN. She and my son have not been to USA for this calendar year (2008). My question is that can I file tax returns jointly married for 2008 and claim them as dependants even though they have not been in USA...

Tax return. I am on H1B and My wife in India [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am in USA for the full tax year 2006. My wife is in India and can't come here before April 15 which is the last day of filing Federal tax return(May be she will not join me in another 7-8 months). What will be the status of my tax return? What is the process to claim the tax...

View more questions Search