Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nancynlln Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Removing husbands name from deed to house
    I have refinanced my condo in my name only and now need to remove ex's name from the deed. How do I do this
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nancynlln View Post
    I have refinanced my condo in my name only and now need to remove ex's name from the deed. How do I do this
    Refiancing before removing a co-obligor from the title is putting the cart before the horse.

How did you manage to refinance with his name on the title?

What did the divorce decree say with regard to this condo?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:38 AM

Hafve a quit claim written up and signed. There should be a sticky at the top of this forum talking about this topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing sisters name from the deed to a house [ 1 Answers ]

My sister passed away unexpectedly a little over a month ago, the house I currently live in is under my name and my sisters name, how can I go about removing her name from the deed? I just recently received her death certificate.

Removing a name from a house Deed and adding another. [ 10 Answers ]

My Mother recently found out through a neighbor surfing the net that my deceased Step-Father's name was still on our house deed. :confused: Since my Mother and I share the same home, she would like to have his name removed from the Deed and have my name added, so the home would be mine, if...

Husbands name not on house [ 1 Answers ]

I am recently married and live in my husbands home and we are trying to sell my home. It has been on the market for over a year and we just have had no luck selling it. My husbands name is NOT on the loan so if I have to foreclose on it will that effect his credit?

Adding my husbands name to the deed of our home [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to add my husbands name to the deed of our home

View more questions Search