Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sagepole Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Time barred
    What does "time barred" mean and how does it work concerning credit card debt?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 09:15 AM

It means that the period set out in the applicable statute of limitations has passed. Statutes of limitation for credit card debts, as well as for other actions, vary from state to state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file a motion to dismiss for time barred debt in small claims Texas [ 8 Answers ]

Cause of action date of March 15 1999 when last payment was to be made per plantiff's exhibit in complaint. Statutes of limitation is 4 years. I did submit answer with general denial and affirmative defense of statute already but still set for negotiation. Want to submit motion to dismiss...

If a claim is time barred by statute of limitation [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anyway that a judge can disallow such a defense? Cause of action of debt was March 15 1999 which is over 8 years old. The statute of limitations in Texas is 4 years. There have been no exceptions such as my leaving out of state, etc, i.e. the statutes of limitations has not been tolled.

Statute Barred or not? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a collection agency that just started hounding me. The same agency had a negative report placed on my credit report last year. I had it removed because it is WELL over the statute of limitations. Now, months later, I get a letter saying that collection proceedings will be initiated if...

Statute barred collection agency.. Draft letter [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Canada Bonded Credit Limited recently some how got hold of me. They are trying to collect on a debt which came into effect on Jun22, 2004. According to the Ontario Statute of Limitation, they can no longer collect on this. I wanted to send them a letter to "validate" the debt. Can anyone...

View more questions Search