Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suummerr09x3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Uhm my tongue ring hurts a lot!
    So I've had my tongue pierced for about three days now. It hurts so bad. Its swollen and its starting to get a little red. But I looked up the symptoms and the redness is supposed to be normal. I don't have a big bar in. it's a normal one. Is that a problem?! Should I go try to get it changed or should I just take it out?! It hurts so bad that I can't really eat that well and I've been having problems sleeping and what not. I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me please?!
    lolo620 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Aug 12, 2009, 12:08 PM

OW! Not from personal experience or anything, but my friends that have had it done before say that theirs hurt pretty bad for at least a week some even lost weight because it did hurt so bad to eat. Think about it: your body has a foreign object in it and it don't like it. Personally I would take it out. Its not worth suffering over. If not I would at least contact the place you got it done at and ask their advice before deciding and to make sure its not infectedl. Good luck
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Aug 12, 2009, 12:24 PM

NO! Don't take it out, I have mine done and I couldn't eat for a week it got really swollen and red and hurt like hell but I was told not to take it out for at least 6 months in case of infection which is very serious.Its meant to hurt.It sounds like what happened to mine and mine was grand after a week or two.Dont take it out unless you notice puss or icky stuff then go to yor doctor asap!
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Aug 12, 2009, 05:06 PM

The piercer didn't use a healing bar? Are you having an issue with swelling too much for your jewelry? Swelling and redness is very common. Just keep it clean with sea salt, rinse your mouth every time you eat, drink, or smoke and you'll be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue ring digging into my tongue. [ 5 Answers ]

So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago; It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down The top ball started digging into my tongue. I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one After the swelling goes down so I did. But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of...

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue ring [ 2 Answers ]

ohkay; so I just got my tongue pierced yesterday and the barbell is huge! I can't eat much because the chewing is so painful. And the excessive salavia is disturbing. Any suggestions on what to do?

It hurts a lot. [ 6 Answers ]

I like this girl actually more than like... I told her but she told me she doesn't like me... ive been her best friend for a while already but nothing has changed except... this othe guy is acting like her boyfreind and I hate this guy not for that but once when I was in p.e. we got some large...

View more questions Search