Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixiegurl Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Aug 12, 2009, 12:38 AM
    Choosing what to study
    I finished school in 2007 and I started university in 2008 studying music. I finished with good results, but I hated the institution I was studying at so I transferred to another university. Due to a health condition and financial reasons I couldn't afford to go to that institution so I have just been working full time ever since. I haven't picked up my instrument in months (probably a good 5 months now) and I don't know whether to go back to music or to studying something else closer to home. Other areas that I'm interested in are social work, psychology, law and veterinary. So now I'm faced with choosing whether to go back to music or to pick something else that I'm interested. This time when I go back to uni I really want to make a good go of it and finish what I start but I just don't know how to pick what to study! Do you have any suggestions on how I can pick what I want to do? Thanks :)
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 12:56 AM

Hmm...

Well, with the giving information, I would say go for something new.
    What you really want to major in is something you are passionate about. That way, when you get a job with your degree, it can be something you love and you live a long and happy life.

I would say that, since you haven't touched your instrument in months, you have lost your drive for music. If it was truly what you should go for, you would always make allowances to your time for that.

However, the ultimate decision is up to you. I hope you make a good one!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name choosing [ 3 Answers ]

I need boys names and girls that would suit a last name Wilkie

Choosing a course of study for a probation officer [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is interested in becoming a probation officer. Although he is smart, he is not the "school" type... he is not good at studying or test taking. He has a real talent for the corrections/law enforcement line of work, and is good with people. He's easy to talk to and gets along with many...

Choosing parents [ 2 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to choose who you want to live with?:confused:

Choosing a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if you have a good lawyer or not... what different things should you look for or ask?

Choosing usa universities [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir Please suggest me a university in the united states of america .I want to do phd in organic chemistry .I have planned to take GRE TOEFL . My academic percentage is 80% Please reply

View more questions Search