Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marquez Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Mind games
    Yo I've got a question

There is this girl that I like. I don't know her personally but I know she knows me.
    We made eye contact frequently at games, during passing time etc. I finally had enough courage to talk to her. Her answers weren't broad but she did answer. But while I was talking to her we didn't make eye contact. At the end I finally asked her for her number and she gave it to me.
    But I waited a little while to call her
    And then she wouldn't answer!!

Weeks later my cousin asked her if she would ever date me and she said maybe!

So I want to know what's happening?
    Sorry this is so long
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 11:26 PM

What kind of questions?
    When did you call her? How many times? Which days? Is your number blocked? Did you give her your number? How could your cousin get ahold of her and you can't? Why did you wait weeks before getting results?

Why would you even want to date someone you don't know? Seriously, she could be crazy for all you know! (you get my point)

Anyway, it doesn't say she was playing mind games, but it doesn't mean she isn't. Maybe she said "maybe" because she doesn't know you well, and feels she needs to get to know you more before dating you, the smart choice to do.

Well, if you can answer these questions, I could give a better guess. However, I can't read minds (neither can anyone else here) so I can't tell 100% either way.
    But educated guesses aren't bad! :)

Aug 12, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Well I asked her questions about the prom mostly. I called her a couple days in about a two week span! My cousin got her after school while she was walking past her.
    I waited weeks for results because I think I have confidence issues. I act nervous a lot.
    I get what you are saying though!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:11 AM

Maybe your waiting so long makes her think you are playing mind games. You need to be more assertive and actually ask her out and call her at least two or three times a week.

She may have had any of several reasons for not answering the phone. I know different people have even told me they tried calling me and it never even showed up on my phone.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by marquez View Post
    Well i asked her questions about the prom mostly. I called her a couple days in about a two week span! My cousin got her after school while she was walking past her.
    I waited weeks for results because I think I have confidence issues. I act nervous a lot.
    I get what you are saying though!!
    Okay, so a girl you don't even know personally, talks to you about prom. Her answers aren't "broad", and then you get her number.
    Then, you call her a couple times in a two week period (that's once a week, unless the meaning of "couple" has changed).

I see a few possibilities here.
    1: She likes you or not, but she feels that she barely knows you, and talking about prom. She is nervous, thinks you are jumping to things, and is afraid to keep talking to you because she doesn't know or want to know what you will say. Here's a tip, when you are flirting with a girl, it usually isn't going to be a good idea to bring up something as "big" as prom this early in the game.
    2: She doesn't like you, felt uncomfortable talking about prom, and is now trying to avoid you. Maybe she thought she did, but after talking to you she realized she didn't. Sorry, I know this isn't a possibility you wanted to hear, but I'm a realist and had to throw it out there.
    3: Maybe you just haven't caught her. When you call, try in the morning, around noon, after noon, maybe the beginning of the night. Try calling on different days of the week. Some people have things to do, and follow a schedule, so if you don't broaden you calling horizons, you may not be able to catch her. Don't be afraid to leave messages, and YOUR number so she can call back.

Hmm... more, but that basically sums up my ideas.
    If you really want her, you need to try harder, plain and simple. If you are unwilling to rise above your confidence issues, then either you need to wait to date, or get over it.

Aug 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Okay, so a girl you don't even know personally, talks to you about prom. Her answers aren't "broad", and then you get her number.
    Then, you call her a couple times in a two week period (that's once a week, unless the meaning of "couple" has changed).

I see a few possibilities here.
    1: She likes you or not, but she feels that she barely knows you, and talking about prom. She is nervous, thinks you are jumping to things, and is afraid to keep talking to you because she doesn't know or want to know what you will say. Here's a tip, when you are flirting with a girl, it usually isn't going to be a good idea to bring up something as "big" as prom this early in the game.
    2: She doesn't like you, felt uncomfortable talking about prom, and is now trying to avoid you. Maybe she thought she did, but after talking to you she realized she didn't. Sorry, I know this isn't a possibility you wanted to hear, but I'm a realist and had to throw it out there.
    3: Maybe you just haven't caught her. When you call, try in the morning, around noon, after noon, maybe the beginning of the night. Try calling on different days of the week. Some people have things to do, and follow a schedule, so if you don't broaden you calling horizons, you may not be able to catch her. Don't be afraid to leave messages, and YOUR number so she can call back.

Hmm... more, but that basically sums up my ideas.
    If you really want her, you need to try harder, plain and simple. If you are unwilling to rise above your confidence issues, then either you need to wait to date, or get over it.

Okay now today I went shopping for school. Surprisingly this same girl happened to work in this store. Next time should I talk to her while she's on the job. What should I talk about?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 10:07 PM

You don't want to get into a what should I talk about conversation type thing too much because you don't want to get her in trouble with the boss.
    Just ask some basic questions maybe like about work and school
    And end it with see you in class.

Oct 9, 2009, 04:35 PM

Okay I see this girl around school often but how should I talk to her. She probably thinks Im playing games with her since I haven't talked to her since I got her number. I don't know what to say to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he just playing mind games with me ? [ 11 Answers ]

Il try and keep this short and sweet folks. I was seeing my ex for 2 couple of months and things were going fab. We split up in 2007 and both went our separate ways. In sep 2008 he contact me and we met up, he then leant over and kissed me an I returned the kiss and he asked if we could start...

Is my ex playing mind games with me? [ 3 Answers ]

I split up with my ex over a year ago after being with him for a year and a half, he was a manic depressive, very controlling and confused about whether he was bisexual or not! He was draining me emotionally and although I loved him and missed him (and still do) with all my heart I decided I could...

Mind games [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. This is going to be a long letter but I hope u don’t mind me giving u details about this complex situation that I am into…kindly bear with it and gv me a detailed answer as to how I can deal with this guy…plz… Here it goes… Im 20 yrs old. I joined college 2 yrs back and had this simple...

Ex playing huge mind games? [ 5 Answers ]

Here is some background on my story. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/just-vent-88141.html My ex has been emailing me, because she seems to be upset she says she doesn't want to be with me but she sends me emails like this all the time. Keep in mind while reading this that I told...

View more questions Search