Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2CRUE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 12:31 PM
    What Is It With The New Guidelines For Bankruptcy?
    I simply need a simple answer to a difficult question.I presently have nearly 30,000 out on unsecured(credit cards),that have been placed in collections and haven't been paid on in nearly 6 years.I'll soon be divorced and really see no other recourse but to file.I need to include medical and credit card debts,and any other outstanding debts.What are my options,will this in any way affect my children when they apply for grants ad scholarships for college,and just exactly what do I need to consider when filing?
    Also are there any other intangibles that I have not considered,and if so,how should I proceed?:cool:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 23, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Your bankruptcy status shouldn't affect your children. Financial Aid packages are based primarily on income, not assets/liabilities (unfortunately).

I would definitely sit down with a bankruptcy attorney. Most will give you a free consultation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guidelines for drilling a floor joist [ 29 Answers ]

We need to run some 12/2 Romex through the floor joists of a newly built home. Can we drill the floor joists wherever we see fit, or are there limits?

Bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the difference is now that the bankruptcy laws have changed? What exactly has changed that would prevent a person from getting a say... Chapter 7 now as compared to before the law changed. This would be for the state of PA. Thanks for any help.

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a person file bankruptcy from jail? Can they file on their own(Pro Se)? What county to file in--/the county of imprisonment or where the debts were incurred? Are fines, costs, and restitution dischargable? If someone had power of attorney for the one filing from prison, if possible, could...

View more questions Search