Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ibleedblue23 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Im a picky eater and need some foods to eat to lose weight.
    Im an extremely picky eater. I don't eat any kind of fish and the only vegetable I will eat is carrots but not without dressing. Also I love apples but I'm allergic to bananas and oranges the only fruits ill eat. I need some serious advice on how to lose weight and get ripped. Trying to win a girl over.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 10:50 PM
    Hi, ibleedblue23!

Just a thought for you...

There was a time in my life when I weighed almost 75 pounds more than I do now. I really needed to lose weight. How I lost all of that weight was by not buying or eating anything over 4 grams of fat from the grocery store, exercising, riding a bicycle and keeping as physically active as I could.

It took me a year-and-a-half to lose the weight, but what I did worked for me. Perhaps a similar regimine might work for you?

I hope that others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks, and I wish and hope only the best for you!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 10:59 AM

What do you eat? Not much point telling us what you don't eat.

Aug 12, 2009, 12:55 PM

Pretty much anything except seafood/fish or vegetables. Although I do eat corn and carrots.
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:56 AM

Still not helping. I'm willing to bet that you don't eat "anything". Tofu, porridge, dulse, wasabi, brussel sprouts, blackberries, rabbit, liver, extra virgin olive oil?

Post a day's typical eating, with some ideas of quantity.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:06 AM

Well, I must tell you I sit on my butt all day for 9 hours a day at work. I don't do too much when I get home beacause I am tired. Well, I put on 60 pounds in a year and was sick of it.

So I cut out all beverages and only drank water then I only ate salads for lunch and ate nothing for breakfast and ate something light for supper. I lost 20 lbs in one month then quit my diet because I was at a happy weight for now. But if you don't have time for exercise or anything like that then start with a diet like that.

Aug 13, 2009, 07:22 PM

Usually wake up eat some apples or cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Go to college come home drink about 4 bottled waters. Go to work. And usually eat dinner around 7-8 and its usually fast food. Mcds, bk, taco bell, anything fast so I can get home. Oh and I drink around 7-8 bottled waters a day.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2009, 07:54 PM

Make sure you eat At least 1200 calories, everybody needs at least that much. Go on Google and search for how many calories your body needs. Then subtract about 300-500 calories and you should lose weight.

Eat foods with protein, that helps muscle gain, gaining muscle helps burn fat. Try not eating fatty foods or foods with a lot of carbs. Drink a lot of water, at least 6 glasses a day.

My girlfriend is on a diet and lost 25lbs so far, she likes to eat Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine. She eats Turkey sandwiches, raisins, grilled chicken mostly. Also make sure you work out good.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedblue23 View Post
    Im an extremely picky eater. I dont eat any kind of fish and the only vegetable i will eat is carrots but not without dressing. Also i love apples but im allergic to bananas and oranges the only fruits ill eat. I need some serious advice on how to lose weight and get ripped. Trying to win a girl over.
    If you want to lose weight I suggest you:
    •Do it for yourself, and your health NOT for anyone else.
    •Be more open minded when it comes to food.

Sarah

Aug 13, 2009, 08:08 PM

What are some good excercises I can do in my livingroom? I already do 50 pushups and 100 crunches a day. I also heard if you do more than 15 pushups at a time it won't help. So I do 3 sets throughout the day. But you what are some good livingroom excercises.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2009, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedblue23 View Post
    what are some good excercises i can do in my livingroom? i already do 50 pushups and 100 crunches a day. i also heard if you do more than 15 pushups at a time it wont help. so i do 3 sets throughout the day. but ya what are some good livingroom excercises.
    This may sound girly, but hoola-hopping (mispelled) is a great exercise. There is a good exercise that works your abs called "Plank" you could try doing. Leg lifts are also good for your abs and legs.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 05:23 AM

There is one thing that worked my abs really good. Back when I had a flat stomach.

Lay flat on your back with your arms straight out like a cross. Then raise your legs straight up and then lower them over to the right until you almost touch the ground then raise them back up and then do the same to your left then back up and striaght down the middle and up.
    This counts as one. Do in sets of 10. We did these in football conditioning and let me tell you it really works and you can feel the burn.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:34 AM

Some times finding recipes with a little bit of something you don't like in it can help you learn to develop a taste for things you don't like.
    Look up recipes that you think sound good.

See if there is anything you like here

Healthy Comfort Food Recipes and Menus - Healthy Recipe Collections - Eating Well

Type in something in the search box on the top
    Like fruit salad or potatoes
    You can always alter the recipes if it is something you are allergic to or absolutely hate
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 03:22 PM

You've got to eat a better diet. Try eating something like eggs for breakfast. You can scramble a couple of eggs in the time it takes to heat up a roll. That will give you a much better start to the day than cinnamon rolls.

Stop with the fast food. Learn to cook. It's not hard, and it doesn't take long. You can cook a thin steak, a chop or a piece of chicken in ten minutes, and without having to fuss over it.

You need to eat more vegetables. Since you like carrots, start with those and try something like carrots and peas mixed. Then add other vegetables. Try one new vegetable a day until you find ones you can tolerate. I promise you, they are out there. Actually, even fast food usually has bits of lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers etc on it.

If you are eating in a fast food place, make good choice. Go for the grilled chicken salad, and eat as much of the salad as you can. Or go for a plain burger and a fruit bag, not lots of fries. Drink water or milk, not soda or milkshake.

You can do squats, star jumps, burpees, hill-climbers, plank, bird-dog, step-ups, pull-ups etc at home.
    CanIBuyAClue Posts: 144, Reputation: 39

Aug 24, 2009, 10:16 PM

Get rid of all fast food. Replace McDonald's, BK, etc... with fruits or a protein shake. Apples are great for you, and make you feel full. Cut out all soda, and alcohol, and drink nothing but water or low 1% milk for protein. Don't eat foods with a lot of carbs, cut out sugar, and keep sodium low. When you go to college walk, or ride a bike to get cardio instead of driving or taking the bus, etc... (I'm currently riding my bike about 8 miles to work, and 8 miles home - loving it). What else... get a weight lifting routine down to hit all parts of your body. Pushups are a great exercise if you're just looking to do something at your house, and whoever said more than 15 doesn't help you any doesn't know what they're talking about!! Do push ups until your arms can no longer do them!
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Aug 24, 2009, 11:05 PM

Try mixing things you hate together. For instance, I don't really like raisins, I hate carrots, and I can't stand mayo, but I really like carrot and raisin salad. Also, I hate dark chocolate and hate the taste of plain salt or over salted anything, but I like the sea salt dark chocolate I get from World Market.

Also, try some out there fruits and veggies. Chances are if you're allergic to bananas and oranges, you're allergic to kiwi and some nuts. I think I read it has something in common with a latex allergy, even if you don't think you're allergic to latex itself. Anyway, try a pomagranite (sp?), eggplant, or plums. Also, I know my mom is allergic to bananas too, but she can eat them if they are fully ripe with no green and maybe even some brown on them.
    Squash is really good, too. Some veggies taste different when they're cook vs. when they're raw. I hate cooked asparagus but LOVE it raw (it tastes like peanuts to me). If you are eating a salad, try to mix in spinach. Use lite dressings, use mustard and vinegar instead of mayo and oils.
    Exercise. Even if it is just running in place or doing planks during commercials. Another good exercise for not a lot of space is jump roping. Also, there are a lot of websites to help you online. For instance, I use physicsdiet.com to track my weight every day and figure out how many calories I use not doing anything so I can know how many I can eat and still lose weight (eat 3500 less calories in a week than you use for the week and you'll lose a pound).
    If you're really serious and ready to spend some money on it, go join a gym or something like Jenny Craig or the like.
    However, I agree, you should lose weight for yourself, not for some girl. If she turns you down, you will revert back to how you are now and be as unhappy as you are, and if she says yes you will let yourself go since you achieved your goal unless you set another one.
    teenagediva1639 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 06:04 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm a teenage girl and the stereotype about us is that we are so self conscious about our bodies and stuff. Well its true and I'm a size like zero to size two in clothes but I feel like all I eat is carbs. Something must be working though. I just grew 5 inches last year ooooh yeaaaahhh. But I need to eat healthier I need some suggestions too. I would give advice but me being someone who knows what you are going through it wouldn't be much help. I heard somewhere that if you don't like a food don't try it in 5 different ways. Try it 5 times the same ways and your taste buds will adapt. I am trying to get to like salad because salad you can have anywhere and its so healthy. That's a good suggestion for you too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picky eater [ 9 Answers ]

My 3 year ols son refuses to eat.He will not try any foods such as chicken,sandwich,he doesn't even like any sweet food (which is not a bad thing).Ive tried making him food,and if he throuws a fit and doesn't want to eat it he will just haveto go to bed hungry,but that doesn't work.He would go days...

11 month old very picky eater [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again everyone, OK 1st thanks for all the help for Seven who had the parvo, I own another dog who is a dear legged Chihuahua, he is tan all over, but his problem is he won't eat much he used to eat his food no problem but now I am finding myself having to mix wet dog food in with his normal dry...

Why is my dog a picky eater? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I have a 1 yr german shepard that won't eat. We have tried all the dry dog foods that a pet store sells. If I try to feed her wet food she gets diarreha. Then stops eating anyway. We spent over 200.00 dollars to see if something was wrong,but nothing ,I guess is a good thing. Everyone that sees...

My shepard is a picky eater [ 10 Answers ]

What can I give our shepard to eat more, he is very picky

My dog is a picky eater [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My mom has been feeding my dog human food and it's not good for his stomach. I'm trying to teach him to eat dry food now (He's 5 yrs old), but he takes one sniff and leaves. He hasn't eaten in 2 days, is this a bad sign? Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks to get him to eat dry...

View more questions Search