Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100yrmoneypit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Adding pex tubing to copper
    Hi,

I want use pex tubing to work around a difficult area in my bathroom tub. My plan was to cut the copper pipe add shut off valves and the pex tubing using compression fittings. Is this okay. I'm not much for sweating pipes in a small access space.

Thanks
    -Gerry
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:22 PM

I don't think that a standard compression fitting with a sleave will work, but here are some PEX adapter compression fittings.

PEX Compression Couplings & Adapters - Couplings - Adapters - Brass Coupling

Reminder that soft bendable tubing can be used to difficult supply hookups. Example: laundry faucet where the supply is on top 1.5" away from the wall

Sharkbite fittings can also help you attach to the copper.

You can also use flexible copper lines like used for water heater installations.

Sweating copper in a tight spot requires a heat shield. The best I have found is here: Find Heat Shield At SmallParts.com
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 10:06 PM

Hi Gerry,

I agree with KeepItSimpleStupid, you can use the Sharkbite fittings they are easy to install, open the link below,Thanks.

John

Welcome To Cash Acme
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 11, 2009, 10:45 PM

Yep shark bites are the way to go and at least in my area they are allowed in enclosed spaces. As far as I can tell they hold up OK Ive had three installed at my home under constant pressure for 3 yrs and no problems. GOOD LUCK,AC
    gtglobe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 09:52 AM

Here are few PEX fittings gtglobeindustries[dot]com/pex-fittings.php but the fittings shown here are not for sale... so better search in Google for these fittings

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a section of copper tubing [ 9 Answers ]

Is it possible to hacksaw a section of copper tubing and to replace it with PVC pipe without doing any welding? If so, how is it done? Is this something a woman can do without calling a plumber?

Copper tubing [ 1 Answers ]

Does copper tubing used for plumbing contain antibacterial properties?

Does copper tubing used for plumbing (water lines) have antibacterial properties?

What is the difference in k and l copper?

Bent copper tubing riser [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. We had a toilet leak in our upstairs bathroom. We've had a couple of plumbers out over the past couple of years to deal with the problem, but their work didn't fix the problem. As a result, our linoleum discolored and the floor got weak. We spent the day yesterday pulling up the...

View more questions Search