Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    100yrmoneypit Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Replacing and disconnecting gas pipes.
    Hi,

I have an old natural gas line coming into my house for the dryer, stove and for heat. It also has a number of branches that I think must have supplied outdoor lighting. Over time I pland to be doing work in the walls, remodling, drilling etc. I think it would be bad to run into one of the pipes that are still connected. I doubt this is something I should handle myself, but I don't even know who to call. Does this fall under a plumbers skill set?

Thanks
    Gerry
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 07:01 PM

Yes - plumbers
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 12, 2009, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 100yrmoneypit View Post
    Hi,

I have an old natural gas line coming into my house for the dryer, stove and for heat. It also has a number of branches that I think must have supplied outdoor lighting. Over time I pland to be doing work in the walls, remodling, drilling etc. I think it would be bad to run into one of the pipes taht are still connected. I doubt this is something I should handle myself, but I don't even know who to call. Does this fall under a plumbers skill set?

thanks
    Gerry
    Hi Gerry,
    While it's possible for a DIY home owner to work on his own gas line if you leave a leak it's not as simple as a puddle of water. You could blow the house all the way to the moon. This time it's safer to call in a pro. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing shower pipes with pvc [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace my galvanized pipes from the dining room up to the bathroom cause my shower or sink do not work how do I do this.:confused:

Replacing iron pipes [ 2 Answers ]

I'm planning on updating the plumbing in my 1943 house. Some was done before I bought the house. There is pvc pipe installed under the house connecting the waste drains to the city system. However, the pvc ends just below the subfloor in the crawlspace, and I can see rusty iron going up into the...

Replacing Drainage Pipes [ 2 Answers ]

Slab House built in 1960 Houston TX. Drain water from my washing machine is backing up in to my bathtub. I rotor routered out the drain pipes and when I pulled out the router I found plant/tree roots on the head/spring of the router rooter. So it seems I have cracks in my drainage line. I have...

Replacing cast iron pipes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older home with cast iron pipes. I have to replace them due to stress cracks? How is this done and should I replace the cast iron with PVC?:confused:

Disconnecting cast iron pipes. Neo gasket [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a bath and shower. The bathroom didin't have a bath install. The shower drains into the main 4" drain (cast iron), which also services the toilet. I want to run the bath and shower drain inline to the main drain. I am having a problem with removing the cast iron section from the...

View more questions Search