Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Helenburton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Litter of Bullmastiff Puppies 5wks old with Diarrohea
    I have a litter of bullmastiffs that have the diarrohea. I have been giving them prokolin and Lectade to help with dehydration, but it is getting worse rather than better. It's spraying out the one like a jet. They are on scrambled eggs made with water once a day, with chicken and Royal Canin weaning food twice a day. There were on raw minced beef - the extra lean but have taken them off it in case this was what the problem was.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 08:21 AM

It could be anything from parvo on down.

What does your Vet say?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:22 AM

Cut out the scrambled eggs, I think they would be a bit too much for young pups.

When we have a litter they just get dry and wet puppy food along with a little puppy milk.

Did you just change to the new food suddenly?
    Dogs of any age have a hard time adjusting to a new food and one of the most common symptoms is diarreah.

Seeing as how it is so severe though you must take these puppies to the vet as soon as possible.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:33 AM

Yes, puppies can dehydrate and die in a very short period.
    gvn Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Mar 16, 2010, 05:28 AM

I had faced the diarrohea prob with my puppy

Had given him saline at vet end (1 small full bottle) completely for 3 days to compensate for the fluid loss

Food I had given was cerelac (baby food) and slowly changing to the small sized kibbles from pedegree in small qty

Whatever which he can digest easily.

But I give credit to the full bottle salines I had given from vet for 3 days which actually saved him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How many puppies can a chihuahua have in her first litter? [ 1 Answers ]

How many puppies can a chihuahua have in a litter?

Constipation in infant 5wks [ 5 Answers ]

My infant is 5wks old and is having some constipation I have used little tummy's with my first son when constipated but now I have Mylicon I want to know if this really will help with constipation and gas relief

My Bullmastiff won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya, we moved into a new house 2 weeks ago, we have a ten month old girl bullmastiff, since living here she will not eat, we have tried everything that she loves from, chicken wings to biscuits, rice pudding, you name it we have tried it, she does not eat even 1/8 of what she normally would. We...

Litter box [ 2 Answers ]

What will happen if my cat doesn't have a litter box??

English bullmastiff [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a 6 year old english bullmastiff just recently she has refused to eat any tin dog food she eats a little dried biscuits but is drinking water .we have noticed when she is lying down she trembles a little and does a little moaning when turning around but soon settles .can u please tell...

View more questions Search