Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Fighting depression @ 29 weeks Pregnant
    Am not really the kind of person who likes to talk about my feelings.
    I have a daughter who is almost 2, she will be 2 when this baby is born.
    I am not happy about my changing body... I feel very fat and ugly. I am stressed about bills and I don't get out much at all.
    But I am trying to think positive... it's not working.
    I don't know to tell a doctor about this or not... I feel stupid and shy about saying anything.
    I can't wait to have this baby... I have a countdown to the day... All I can think about is just having this baby and not being pregnant.
    The father doesn't think my changing body is anything special... in fact it's a turn off for him.
    We haven't been sexually active in some time now.
    What can do I to make things better?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 08:23 AM

I think you have to talk to your Physician about how you feel. I'd also speak to your husband.

This is a difficult time for you because of your fluctuating hormonal level and I believe I would speak to someone now - there is always the danger of post partum depression and it's good to get a sort of "handle" on your emotions now, when you realize you are having difficulty, rather than later.
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandah View Post
    Am not really the kind of person who likes to talk about my feelings.
    I have a daughter who is almost 2, she will be 2 when this baby is born.
    I am not happy about my changing body... I feel very fat and ugly. I am stressed about bills and i don't get out much at all.
    But i am trying to think positive... it's not working.
    I don't know to tell a doctor about this or not... I feel stupid and shy about saying anything.
    I can't wait to have this baby... I have a countdown to the day... All I can think about is just having this baby and not being pregnant.
    The father doesn't think my changing body is anything special... in fact it's a turn off for him.
    We haven't been sexually active in some time now.
    What can do I to make things better?

I understand where you are coming from, I am pregnant again with my second. I have major anxiety about taking care of two, and how financially it's all going to fit. Especially once the baby is here the bills won't take a break because we have to.

Getting out and doing things sometimes can be hard especially with a toddler and being pregnant. Do you have a park near by? When I feel trapped in the house I usually try to take a walk to a park, or even just go for a drive.

I think feeling "fat" or "ugly" is almost normal, I think almost every pregnant women goes through that at some point in her pregnancy. I stand in front of the mirror going oh my can I get any bigger? When the husband isn't supportive of the pregnancy body it makes it even harder. Just remember you only have 11 weeks left maybe even less, this won't be forever.

I always say you don't have to be sexually active to reconnect with your partner. There are losts of different ways to do so, have a date night. Even if that means just making an nice dinner at home and watching a movie after the little one is in bed.

I also agree maybe taking to a Dr. about the depression and maybe he can recommend a few options.

I hope you feel better soon :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pms for 3 weeks, can I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I'm 28 yrs old I have 2 boys. Last month I got my period and I had sex a week after my period went away. About 4-5 days later my breast started hurting bad. The nipples are constantly hard and sensitive, my breast are hard. Seems like I'm using the bathroom a lot more and I'm having mood...

Depression and fighting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for last 15 years. My husband works out of town. I just found out he is doing something he knows I really can not live with. I also found out he had lied about it. Now I can not trust him. I am finding myself being mean to him or rude. I just don't understand? I lost my job a...

Depression not being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for many years, I seem to get very depressed when my close friends all give me the good news about them being pregnant, we are all in our early and mid 20's and still I'm the last one, no kids, some are on their 2nd, I have very irregular periods, is this normal...

View more questions Search