Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laura Lee Laura Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Is mobile home worth fixing?
    Extreme weather damage to 15 year old mobile home roof. Insurance company says they will not pay due to being over 10 years old.It will cost $6,000-7,000 to repair. Is it worth it? Is it cost effective to spend up to $7,000 on a 15 year old mobile home?
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Aug 10, 2009, 08:38 PM

I would say that depends on the overall condition of the mobile home, its size, How well it was constructed to begin with, and what the current value of the mobile home is. The value not just being based on how much an appraiser says its worth but how much it means to you. Post back if I missed anything. Just curious what happened to the roof ? GOOD LUCK, AC

Aug 11, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Thank you for answering. The contractor who looked at the roof says the shingles were never correctly installed and over the years, water has gotten under them. The mobile home is about 28 foot X 42 foot. Other repair needed is 3 soft spots in the floor where plumbing issues left water standing long enough to start rotting the floor. Each one is only a small area, though. No more than 2 X 3 foot sections.

Aug 11, 2009, 07:40 AM

Sounds like it might be worth fixing what the other option be ?

Aug 11, 2009, 07:52 AM
    There are no other options that make sense, really. Just needed to hear it from an outside ear. The only choice I see would be to NOT fix it and allow weather to continue damaging it until it becomes unlivable and unsellable.

Aug 11, 2009, 07:58 AM

Well laura I say go for it and have it fixed besides the longer you wait the more expensive its going to get. Be sure to get more than one estimate for the repairs GOOD LUCK,AC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Is My Mobile Home worth Saving? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I went to purchase a mobile home in 1999 but his credit wasn't good enough so my brother was going to cosign for me.somehow he was put as buyer and I am cobuyer.we bought the home for like 30,000 and have been paying on it ever since. Noe the mortgage is up to 40,000.Now I don't ...

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Whirlpool Washing Machine -is it worth fixing? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Model #LA5668XTW1 that is dripping water from the top of the machine and I do not remember how old the machine is. Is it worth fixing ($69 service call plus parts and labor) or should I just buy a new one. I want to say the machine could be 30 years old but am not sure. Thanks

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search