Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rb6369 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Blower motor overheating (very hot) shuts down
    Hi everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a two year old Aire-flo furnace and ac unit.
    Worked fine until a couple of days ago. Blower mortor at the bottom of the furnace gets super hot and shuts down. I got a new motor (same kind) still doing the same thing.
    The did not give me a new capacitor ,could that be the problem?
    High efi furnace gas, 2.5 ton ac unit. Emerson motor 1/3 hp 115v rpm 1075/3speed capmfd7.5 cap v 370 Thanks , Ron [email protected]
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Replace the capacitor with one designed/value for the motor you are using.

Check to be sure the return and supply ducts are all open and the filter is clean.

Naturally I am sure you already checked for the proper voltage getting to the unit before you replaced the motor.

One last item. Did you wire the new motor exactly as it should be wired according to the wiring diagram in the box or on the side of the motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower motor overheating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 70 split unit. 19 years old, current motor and cap are 10 years old. The blower motor stopped working on AC. My AC outdoors runs fine. Motor issue persists regardless of Tstat settings - I tried heat & cool, auto and on. (left in the on position). Opening up the ahu, the...

Goodman furnace will ?heat motor? And blower motor will run but not at same time [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Goodman, gas, no heat pump. There is a flashing LED that blinks once ever 4 seconds. Also, blower motor does not stay on always. We did smell something like an electrical burn. I'm guess my blower motor is fried?

92 acura integra motor keeps overheating. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 90 Honda CRX Si with a 92 Acura Integra motor in it. I changed my water pump about a month ago since it started leaking coolant from the hole on the pump. Then yesterday my car started overheating. Last weak I blew a hose but then fixed it and this week it just started to overheat. So I...

Heil furnace fires up but blower motor shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Heil high efficiency furnace about 15 years old. Sometimes the burner will start and the exhaust blower then the blower fan will blow for a short time and stop. The burner will still be very hot. It used to continue to run until the furnace cooled down. What could be wrong?

View more questions Search