Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelbaby93 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2009, 01:26 PM
    If you wash a cell phone will it still work?
    If you accidentally leave your cell phone in your clothes and it goes through the washer but not the dryer will it still work or do you have to buy a brand new phone?

I try to turn it on but it won't turn on and I tried my battery in my sisters phone because it's the same phone but it wouldn't start up it just flickered bllue on the screen
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:28 PM

You try letting it sit for like 24 hours before using it or charging it. Also try using a hair dryer on it asap.
    angelbaby93 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Aug 10, 2009, 01:29 PM

OK I will..

I try to turn it on but it won't turn on and I tried my battery in my sisters phone because it's the same phone but it wouldn't start up it just flickered bllue on the screen
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:32 PM

Well did you test it? You'd be the best judge of that.

But keep in mind if you did do that it is broken, it's no longer under warranty, unless you bought phone insurance through your carrier. Nearly every phone, especially BlackBerries and iPhones have a colored dot sticker on there the battery or there abouts. It changes color when wet. You call, they ask you what the color is, you give the wrong answer and the conversation is over.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:41 PM

Most likely it is toast. You can take it apart and start drying it immediately and you MIGHT have a chance... but then again, it went through an entire wash cycle? It's probably a goner.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:42 PM

I lost my phone in the rain strorm and it didn't work at all for at least a day. I used the hair dryer and then didn't touch it for 24 hrs.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:42 PM

All the wrong answers guys.

The first part is to get the dirt out, but there probably isn't any Turning it on was a bad move.

Take the battery out.

Take some uncooked rice and place in a zip lock bag. Put phone in bag. Seal and wait a couple of days before powering it up.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:44 PM

Yeah turning it on is the bad move.
    You have to take the battery out dry it and leave it sit.
    Uncooked rice in a bag sounds good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Do cell phone signal boosters work? [ 1 Answers ]

I live on a lake down in a hole. If I walk to the top of my driveway I can use my phone, even my laptop data card. In my house I have zero signal. I have seen a couple of devices that claim to work but at the cost, I am skeptical. Any recommendations?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

Phone damaged in wash [ 1 Answers ]

I was careless enough to put my phone through the wash, and now it seems to be ruined. Is there any way to fix it without having to buy a new phone? Will it work if I replace the battery?

View more questions Search