Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 10, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Any uninstall manager that removes EVERY bit of the unwanted file/application?
    I use window vista and the uninstall manager on control panel isn't good at all. They don't remove all of the unwanted application, because after uninstalling something, I could still find the application's folder in my hard drive. It uninstalls everything but the folder and junks that I wouldn't need after uninstalling the program. I haven't notice this before, so every program I've installed and uninstalled since I bought my computer is still in my hard drive somewhere. That's a whole lot of unwanted junk...

I was wondering if there was an uninstall manager (3rd party) freeware that would successfully allow me to delete and uninstall ALL TRACES of that unwanted application/program, not leaving anything behind. I wouldn't be able to afford any store programs.

:D:)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:08 PM

Situations like this I use a registry cleaner after uninstalling software, I'm sure you are aware of ccleaner, I personally use
    Adv System Care

There is Revo Uninstaller - innovative freeware uninstall utility
    Revo Uninstaller helps you to uninstall and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel applet. Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet!
    Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems

Even if using a 3rd party uninstaller I would still use a registry cleaner type of app, ccleaner is freeware

And you still may have instances when you have to manually delete the folder but above info should get rid of all the information that was in the registry, so deleting the folder would be only thing have to do
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Aug 16, 2009, 11:30 AM

thanks =D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to uninstall other application? [ 3 Answers ]

Im downloading a trial version of Kaspersky. It found another application of a anti virus (AVG) and told me to uninstall it so I did (on add/remove programs) and it keeps reappearing. I can't get rid of the anti virus it just keeps reattaching itself.

Unwanted file [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP sp3. I recently removed AVG8 free but there is still a program file remaining when I check and this is preventing me re loading AVG who have been unhelpful. How can I remove this file other than click and delete? Thanks

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application? [ 1 Answers ]

Pending appeal of your old application for benefits, can you file new application?

How to delete unwanted email from numerous excel file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I have pressing issue here. I have a list of email address seeking to unsubscribe. But I have 20 Excel database file, how do I use this "unsubscribe" list to compare against this entire 20 file and delete them ? Is there a software, script file available to do it, please advise...

Deletion of unwanted dll file [ 3 Answers ]

How do I locate and delete and unwanted dll file (xmijacodec.dll) that is interfering with Internet Explorer?

View more questions Search