Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abeautifulbook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Hair color mess-up
    OK so I dyed my hair black and I got dye on my neck and ears. The blonde hairs on my neck and ears got dyed black. Is there a quick way to fix that?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 08:53 AM
    You could buy a bleaching hair color or a facial hair bleaching cream (usually only sold at beauty supply stores) and use a tooth brush or eyebrow brush to gently apply the bleaching cream/paste to the black hairs.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 23, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Please do not use hair coloring products on your skin. Because it can cause irritation or allergic reactions, including burning, redness and blisters. I recommend that you use a bleaching cream that's designed to lighten hair on the skin.
    abeautifulbook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    Please do not use hair coloring products on your skin. Because it can cause irritation or allergic reactions, including burning, redness and blisters. I recommend that you use a bleaching cream that's designed to lighten hair on the skin.
    Thank you! The bleaching product won't turn the black a weird color, will it?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 24, 2006, 02:57 PM
    Toothpaste works on getting haircolor off the skin, gently rub in on the stained area for a few minutes and rinse.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abeautifulbook
    thank you! the bleaching product wont turn the black a weird color, will it?

Hair bleaching creams designed for the skin lightens the hair color so it appears blonde or golden. If you decide to obtain a bleaching kit, be sure to read the instructions before using it.
    tricia27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abeautifulbook
    ok so i dyed my hair black and i got dye on my neck and ears. the blonde hairs on my neck and ears got dyed black. is there a quick way to fix that?
    It takes a while to come off. But next time rub vaseline all around neck earsand forehead to stop dye sticking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

At a beauty salon I asked for just a streak of pink in my bangs. Well I got a chunk. How can I take the pink out?

Hair color mess up [ 1 Answers ]

I messed up may hair coloring it at home. How can I strip the color out without having to go to a salon?

Hair Dye Mess [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I went to a hair salon and came out with chunks of dark brown hair. I use to have dirty blonde hair (more on the blonde side.) Attached is a picture of what it use to look like. The hair dresser used Paul Mitchell color. I went back to him to fix it and it turned into orange... by...

View more questions Search