Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlinemetz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Antique Singer Sewing Machine
    I have an antique Singer foot pedal sewing machine with oak cabinet. The model number on the machine is G9628489. Can you tell me what the value of the machine is?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2009, 10:22 AM

They can go for up to $150. Usually.

An antique dealer most likely won't give you more than $10.
    You have to find someone that really wants one to make any money
    FabricJunkie Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Here are a couple ideas for you. Take some nice digital pics and post them on flickr or somewhere similar and then Google quilter guilds in your general area. They likely have websites. See if they have a Contact Us link and then let them know you have a Singer treadle machine from 1922 for sale. THOSE are the people interested in these antique machines... assuming it is working or at least looks like it is in good shape. Another thing you can do is Google the quilt fabric shops in your area and visit them. Talk to the shop proprietor and show them the pictures. Be sure to get the pics including the closed cabinet as well as it being open and fully setup for sewing. Do a closeup on the serial number, and then print the page from this website that shows your serial number: http://www.singersewingmachine.com/manufacture2.htm

I am sure you'd get some interest. Some quilt shops would be interested in having one in the shop itself, and quilters would love it for the nostalgia. Google Singer treadle and do the same on eBay. You are likely to find some there that will give you an idea for a dollar amount. I might be interested myself, if you'd ship. I live in the Chicago area... and I'm one of those quilter folks. Here is the link that shows when Singer allotted serial number ranges to its factories... and your SN appears to be from 1922.
    http://www.singersewingmachine.com/manufacture2.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Appraisal of Antique Singer Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an estimate on the price of an Antique Singer Sewing Machine. It is a V.S.2 Model made in Kilbowie in 1890. It is in decent condition with the gold leafing well intact. It sits on a cabinet with three drawers on each side and I believe it has all of its original attachments. If you...

Antique Singer Sewing Machine. Info and value scale? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a singer sewing machine serial number G521788. It is in a small wooden four drawered cabinet with a black iron treddle. It is not electric. Is there anyone who can tell me the model # and/or a value scale, i.e... Is there a value range for worth if it is in poor, fair, average...

Antique sewing machine [ 9 Answers ]

hello I have an old antique singer sewing machine from the 1800s all orignal, I was just wanting to know if maybe you would know the value of something that old, thankyou:)

Value of antique singer sewing machine & table [ 13 Answers ]

I was recently given an antique Singer electric sewing machine. The serial number is G8428853. It is very ornate. The decals and paint look nearly new, no rust. The machine is in a wooden case with bent wood rounded top. The machine does run very well. It has the original foot pedel(this is very...

Antique Electric Singer Sewing Machine [ 5 Answers ]

I bought and old Singer sewing machine at an auction. It is electric and is in the original wooden case, it works great but I am having trouble finding any information on it. I have found similar ones w/a lot more fancy work on them but not this model, the Serial Number is AH782181. Does anyone...

View more questions Search