Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Aug 12, 2009, 11:37 AM

"Acting is like sex: you either do it and don`t talk about it, or you talk about it and don`t do it. That`s why I`m always suspicious of people who talk too much about either."

... Stringer, that is so not true. At least not in my relationship. We are very open about our sex life and sex happens quite often!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 12, 2009, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    "Acting is like sex: you either do it and don`t talk about it, or you talk about it and don`t do it. That`s why I`m always suspicious of people who talk too much about either."

.... Stringer, that is so not true. At least not in my relationship. We are very open about our sex life and sex happens quite often!
    I fear you may have missed the point, in general those that talk consistently or brag about their accomplishments (sexual or other) in a flamboyant or a somewhat obnoxious way, again consistently, are usually less than accomplished.

But I do not want to start another subject on Adam's thread. :)
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Aug 12, 2009, 01:19 PM

Sorry Adam.. I just kind of saw that quote and wanted to make a comment on it. Sometimes I seem to have ADD, and other days I seem to have the slows!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2009, 01:22 PM

No problem at all Kari. I understand
    doesitgetbetter Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2009, 01:26 PM

There are days when we all feel bad about our lives or our progress in life. I definitely don't measure up to what others expect of me, yet it is important to let go of that because only u can walk in your shoes and no one else. Do what makes you feel happy and focus on making yourself content. I am not sure what is going on in your personal life but I promise things will get better. Age is only a number and when we are down it can make us feel miserable no matter what stage in life we are. Just hold your head high and start making a list of things to improve your situation. Just take it one day at a time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Do I even want to know what the medication would cost if I was to be subscribed some?
    Some cost as little as $4 a month, others much more so. Lifestyle changes, for some people, can replace medication.

Oh, and it's prescribed... not subscribed. ;)
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:02 AM

Oh, I didn't relaize I did that. I do that a lot and never know the difference.

I do it with the word sense to, I use the word since instead so please excuse me for my future mistakes, I do know the difference but just a mistake.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:37 AM

How are you feeling today Adam?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:41 AM

Well, I had yet another breakdown this morning but I made it through it and I am doing better.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Well, I had yet another breakdown this morning but I made it through it and I am doing better.
    Glad to hear that my friend, you are stronger than you think. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:46 AM

That's good news.one step at the time.do you spend a lot of time outdoors?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:48 AM

No, I am trapped inside this dang office for 9 hours except for smoke breaks.

I do yard work when I get home though. Sometimes anyway.
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 08:53 AM

Spending time outdoors even if its only half an hour a day can raise our mood.as does listening to uplifting music.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:18 AM

Hey Adam don't be hard yourself. I know you spend most of your time at work but make time for yourself whenever possible.

I thought you like to go shooting and playing the role of a cowboy?
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:28 AM

Yea, I can be a cowboy sometimes. Haha.

It just seems every morning I will be doing paperwork, the same ol paperwork I do everday and then I stop and start thinking about stuff and have these breakdowns.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2009, 11:02 AM

Do I understand that feeling well, I couldn't wait for quitting time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Hi, adam_89!

I just found this thread. You've already received some excellent advice on it!

If you would like to do them, there are some activities that I like to do with people on this site in order to help them to feel better about themselves and to potentially realize better, their own worth.

If you would like to know what they are and maybe participate in doing them, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2009, 05:25 AM

Well I might go for it Clough.

What are some of these things?

I am sure my breakdown is coming sometime soon this morning. Hopefully I can avoid it today.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Hi again, adam_89!

A couple of things that I can think of right now would be to write songs or instrumental pieces and also using art programs so that works could be created for self-expression that could then be displayed on this site.

I hope that you've had a great day! :)

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 03:30 AM

Thanks Claugh.

Just so everyone knows, I made it through yesterday without a breakdown.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate my life! [ 8 Answers ]

I was just feeling blah. Then this song came on the radio and got me laughing. It has three chords and a simple melody so, it'll probably go camping with me! Hate My Life by Theory of a Deadman So sick of the hobos Always beggin' for change I don't like how I got to work And they just...

I hate life [ 4 Answers ]

Well I don't know if anyone will read this nor care but it. I hate life. I hate myself. I'm so lonely. I have no friends. I'm failing college (1.4 gpa) and I'm only a freshmen. I hate all my classes and don't learn a thing. I don't go out. I'm not in any clubs. I ride my bike alone for fun, but...

I hate myself,my life and everything [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 years old girl. I think I really hate myself. Recently my face is growing a lot of pimples just in sudden.previous time when I was in secondary school,I never had this much pimples.and then I feel that I am now really really very ugly. I don't have any confident to social with peoples or...

I hate my life [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, sorry for my old question I wasn't being so clear on how I feel... I just feel that my life is nothing but a big screw up. I feel ugly stupid and worthless these days... And that my life has really gone upside down And I have no good future... I just feel that no one wants me no one...

View more questions Search