Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:10 AM
    I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled
    I need to get my wisdome teeth pulled very soon. What should I expect? Will it hurt during? I;m not really all that worried about pain afterwards part, I'm afraid that if it hurts during I'll freak out or something. I'm scared. I've had teeth pulled before wheni was younger but they were baby teeth. It didn't hurt at all. How will this be different and besides dry socket afterwards, is there anything I should worry about durning?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 01:28 AM

You won't feel it during, they put me to sleep. Dry socket isn't an issue if you don't smoke or use a straw.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 05:27 AM

Your dentist will be sure that you are well frozen before he even starts. The most you will feel is pressure but no pain. If you feel anything at all raise your hand and let him know!

If you follow the post surgical instructions you should have no problems after.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Aug 10, 2009, 11:44 AM

I got all my wisdom teeth pulled. They gave me a shot of Anestesha (I spelled that wrong lol) and in less than 1 minuted lol I was sleep. Then they go on with the surgery. When you wake up you may feel a little pain but they give you pain relievers too. It wasn't all that bad. It sucked for me because I couldn't really eat anything hardd for like 3-4 weeks. But some people are different. Some are able to eat right after
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    It sucked for me because I couldn't really eat anything hardd for like 3-4 weeks.
    That's what applesauce, Jello, pudding, ice cream and mashed potatoes are for. :)

Also, what should I do to prevent food and stuff from getting into the gaping wond that will be in my mouth? Swish with saltwater?

Aug 10, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Yeah that is the kind of stuff I had to eat after I had gotten my wisdom teeth pulled :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:21 PM

I'm REALLY not looking forward to this. Maybe they'll lwt me have my iPod in there.. . In one ear.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 12:22 PM

Piece of cake! Today's dentists are so fantastic -- so painless with a variety of anesthesias (topical, local, nitrous, general) that work exceedingly well. I would get my wisdom teeth pulled every other month if that were possible!

Aug 10, 2009, 12:23 PM

Your iPod isn't going to be of much use if they put you to sleep lol. You'll be out in less than 1 minute!

I mean you can bring the iPod with you before you get seen and you can listen to it afterwards, but during would be pointless.

You will be fine. I was scared too before I got mine taken out, but you don't feel anything once they give you the anesthsia shot and you go to sleep
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:25 PM

How much had they surfaced? Only one of mine is showing.. .

Aug 10, 2009, 12:26 PM

What do you mean? Are you talking to me?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

I had my wisdom teeth pulled. It doesn't hurt. They give you a script for pain pills afterwards. I wanted to go to work right after but my wife made me stay home. So I showed her and bought a steak to eat that didn't go so well.

Aug 10, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Lol :p
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    How much had they surfaced? only one of mine is showing. . .
    Mine were impacted (under the surface), but no pain during removal (general anesthesia) and very little afterwards... I was 17 and that was at least 100 years ago when dentistry wasn't as sophisticated as it is now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 12:33 PM

If you're good and don't cry, you might get a prize!

Aug 10, 2009, 12:50 PM

I didn't get a prize when I got mine pulled out lol and I didn't cry
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 01:01 PM
    I didnt get a prize when I got mine pulled out lol and I didnt cry
    If you're too big, you have to ask. I always ask. Be sure to say "please" and then "thank you" if you get one.

Aug 10, 2009, 01:06 PM

Oh well its to late now lol. I already got my wisdom teeth out
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Oh well its to late now lol. I already got my wisdom teeth out
    If you aren't pesky and don't ask too often, you maybe can get a prize when you get a root canal or even just a filling.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2009, 01:18 PM

I get a prize every time I got to the dentist for something major (which isn't very often) They give me a prize collection paper and I take it to CVS. Then 15 minutes later CVS has my prize waiting for me ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What becomes of pulled teeth? [ 18 Answers ]

Just curious, why are dentists so secretive about/unwilling to show you your own teeth that they pull? I ask because I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled by 3 different dentists at 4 different times and they all had excuses or reasons I couldn't even look at my own tooth. Reasons given: We already disposed...

My wisdom teeth haven't come in yet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I was just wondering, by what age do your wisdom teeth usually come in? I'm not worried about it or anything, just curious. I'm 23 and mine haven't started to come in at all, but some of my friends have already had to have theirs pulled. What about people on here? What age were you when...

Wisdom teeth [ 4 Answers ]

What is the usual cost to remove wisdom teeth?

Wisdom teeth [ 10 Answers ]

All four of my wisdom teeth are coming out together. Uper left one doesn't hurt at all but coming out in a wrong direction, lower left one is perfectly fine so far. The problem is with the right side, there is not enough space for the teeth to come out, uppor or lower part, the pain started couple...

Wisdom teeth [ 3 Answers ]

:-[ Help me, I am 17 and I think I am dying. My mom says that I am getting my wisdom teeth in. My left side of my mouth is slightly swollen and very sensitive. There is a part of my cheek or gums (or something) that is irritated and swollen OVER my back molars. Am I really getting my wisdom...

View more questions Search