Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Aug 10, 2009, 12:23 AM
    Fruit Flavored Popsicles in Paper Tubes
    When I was fairly young (probably between the years of 1986-1990) I lived in California and when I lived there I remember my aunt buying me these really soft fruit flavored popsicles that came in little paper tubes - much like sno-cones, but the tubes were flatter and the they weren't pointy at the bottem. I think I remember the tube being black with a small little picture of whatever fruit flavor it was... and they came in probably 15 different flavors or so, like, cherry, apple, grape, orange, and plum... I distinctly remember the plum because it was always my favorite. I haven't been able to find them anywhere else I've lived since I left there, but I thought I would have more luck if I could remember what they were called. Can anyone help me?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 10, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Are you talking about Push-Up Pops? I only remember their orange, but that was a while back.

Aug 10, 2009, 10:47 AM

Thanks for trying, but no... they were more icy than creamy.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:02 PM
    I live in California and I have never seen them. I buy treats for the kids on the street all the time, but they are usually icy fruits push ups.

Were they like a push up (shaped like a toilet paper roll)?:confused:

Aug 12, 2009, 08:57 AM

No, they were the same material as a toilet paper roll - that really thin card board, but they were enclosed on the bottom. It was round at the top, but then it narrowed to the bottom it was really flat... like a cross between a cone and rectangle. It was really unique and different from anything else I've ever seen, so it's very hard to describe... thanks for trying! I hope someone can pin point this mysterious popsicle from my past!
    matthew29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
    They were called CALLIPO'S I remember because the ice cream trucks that came around when I was a kid used to sell them and they are very good just go Google "callipo's" and then after it loads the search results click on "images" at the top of the screen and you will see them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but l [ 1 Answers ]

A Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but leaf nut. I want its name.

Flavored Water [ 5 Answers ]

Is it unhealthy to drink too many of those 2 calorie flavored waters?

Fantastic fruity popsicles [ 1 Answers ]

Why do there not make fantastic fruity popsicles any more

Plugged ear tubes eas canal tubes don't flap when checked [ 2 Answers ]

When the Dr. checks my ears, the tubes don't move like they're supposed to move. Can surgery be done?

View more questions Search