Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falcon71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Capacitor breakdown
    I replaced my a/c capacitor 2 years ago. I just replaced it again 2 months ago. It just went out again! What can cause this to happen?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Usually it is a cheap brand capacitor. Most of the capacitors are made in China and there in lies the problem. They build them cheap and fast and that is what the manufacturers are looking for. If you buy a good quality capacitor from GE they will usually be made in Mexico and they are better than the ones from china.

Now for the ultimate capacitor get one from AmRad Engineering they are made in the USA. How about that!

http://www.americanradionic.com/comp...page/Itemid,1/

Look around there site. There capacitors meet really strict standards especially the military grade. Yep they cost more but worth every penny. It is all I use on test equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start capacitor/ run capacitor info [ 3 Answers ]

OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is...

Dual run capacitor(3 terminals).or is single run capacitor(2 terminals) OK? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I have an older Amana HVAC system in my home. Home is 6yrs old. It Appears that my condenser unit was struck by lightning because one of the 3 terminals on the dual run capacitor was blown/melted and all the wires connected to the dual run capacitor were fried (It did storm the...

The breakdown of photosynthesis [ 1 Answers ]

Where is photosynthesis located in a cell? What organisms use photosynthesis? What is the equation for photosynthesis? How are the reactants obtained for photosynthesis? Where do the products of photosynthesis go? What factors affect photosynthesis? How does photosynthesis affect a human...

Am I going to have a breakdown? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, lets see... Lets start with my father. 18 years ago he was arrested for the rape of a 15 year old girl. ( The truth is it was consensual, not right, but not rape ) Just last year he was informed he had to register as a sex offender, which he did, even though he isn't! In February he was...

View more questions Search