Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gthiemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Where to get old radio appraised
    My 94 year old mother in law has an MU-1 Grebe radio wants me to sell. Where do I go to get a radio appraised?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 12:02 AM
    Hi, gthiemann!

An auctioneer or antique dealer that deals in antique radios should be the best ones to help you in determining a possible monetary value, since they'll be able to view it in person. However, we can probably give you a rough idea as to the possible monetary value of it on this site.

Also, does the radio look like any of those that you'll find by clicking on the following image search? If so, which one or ones, please?

MU-1 Grebe Radio - Google Images

Also, would it be possible for you to post a couple of images of what she has, on this thread?

Thanks!
    gthiemann Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Thanks. My mother-in-law's radio looks just like the MU-1 radios shown on the first page of Google Images. I took some photos, but am not sure how I go about posting them here. Please tell me and I will try to do so. The radio I have is not refinished as shown in the Google images. I truly don't know if the radio works, but but father in law, now deceased, repaired radios as a hobby--and so I would suspect it would be close to working. :)

Gene
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Hi again, gthiemann!

First question now is, are the images that you have in your computer? Please let me know about that and I can then advise you the best as to how to post the images on this site.

Concerning the radio being working, please find a way to see if it does. I have an old Westinghouse floor model electric radio. It works great, but does need some aesthetic things done to it so that it looks better.

Concerning any refinishing that needs to be done, I can definitely give you advice about how to go about doing that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find apportioned cost for appraised value [ 3 Answers ]

I need help with finding apportioned cost. I have the appraised value amount and the % total but I am so confused on how to find out the apportioned cost??

Radio code for phillips radio [ 1 Answers ]

HI Can anyone give me an unlock code for my phillips stereo for my rover car . The type is 22DC594/60B RG PART NUMBER IS XQD101260 RG594FY1127418 IS STAMPED ON THE SIDE THANKS MAGST

Getting jewelry appraised [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a few pieces of jewelry I need appraised. A diamond necklace, a jade necklace, and a pearl necklace. I've never gotten anything appraised. Can I just walk into a jewelry store (a nice one) and ask them to appraise it for me? Or do I go to a jewel appraiser for this? What do they...

Over appraised properties. [ 8 Answers ]

My brother purchased 5 properties with another individual about 1 1/2 years ago. I believe they have been grossly over appraised. The deal went as such: This individual would find deals on properties and get people with good credit to buy the houses. He then would lease the properties back for...

Appraised Land [ 2 Answers ]

How does appraised land appear on the books? A company bought land for $1,200,000 in 1982 and it appraised at $1,795,000 in 2007 I would think it would appear on the books in 2007 at its appraised value of 1,795,000, but I'm not sure.

View more questions Search