Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwcasey Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Don't know who the father is and my husband wants to adopt my baby
    I had a one night stand at the beach, we were partying pretty hard. I have no clue who the guy was not even his first name. I am not proud of my behavior, but I did get a wonderful baby.
    My husband wants to adopt the baby. There is no way I can even begin to know who the real father is. Is there anyway around not being able to find the biological father so my husband can adopt the baby?

Thank you,
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 04:48 PM

Sure, but the process is expensive and can take a long time. Contact a local lawyer familiar with adoption law. They will know all the steps. Depending on where you live, there might need to be a private investigator and service by publication.
    dwcasey Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 07:01 PM

Thank you so much for your time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband to adopt my daughter with unknown father [ 2 Answers ]

How do we get the process started for my husband to adopt my daughter if her father is unknown?

My husband wants to adopt my daughter her father not around! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter he has been with her ever since she was 13 months old and now almost 8 yrs old and her dad has'nt seen her since she was 12 months He pays child support only because it's court ordered but she don't know him and would probably be scared of him she don't know...

Don't know who the father is husband wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I had a baby girl on the 4 of November.. there is no fathers name on the birth certificate, only because I don't know who her father is.. my fiancé who is in iraq at this moment wants to adopt her when he gets back and after we get married. What do I do about this and how can I go about it?

Don't know father of son, can my husband still adopt? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my son. I don't know who my sons biological father is. Do I need to fallow the same legalities as if I knew who the father was or can my fiancé adopt him with no problems? Where do I go from here?

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

View more questions Search