Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Hacks/cuts under earlobes
    My 3 year old son has had small hacks under earlobes which heal then re-open! The problem has been occurring now for almost a year and the doctr has prescribed an antibiotic cream with steriod in it. The cream heals the cuts within a few days and then I have to use vaseline under the ears from then on. As soon as I stop using the vaseline for a day or two the cuts open u again. Any ideas why this would be happening.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:55 PM

How did he get them?
    What does the doctor say about them healing completely?
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Aug 9, 2009, 06:04 PM

Make sure he's not picking at them and rubbing them, too!

I'm interested to know what the doctor had to say about it!
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Aug 11, 2009, 12:41 AM
    They just appeared! He did suffer from excema and the doctor said they were caused by dry skin. They ger itchy and my son does rub them sometimes. I visited the doctor again a few weeks ago who told me to use the steriod cream and them use the vaseline twice a day from then on. My son has no excema anywhere on his body and has been that way for some months. The only problem is the ears and I am concerned as to why they heal and then re open.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2009, 01:34 PM

You can try giving him omega fatty acid or flaxseed oil that is suppost to be good for skin conditions as well as many other things
    azdesertchick Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Aug 21, 2009, 10:52 AM
    My daughter has excema as well and I know this sounds strange but if he's the cause of reopening the wounds by rubbing and scratching (which believe me I understand that sensation drives you crazy) then consider buying some earmuffs for him to wear at the times when he's in bed or such.. let him know when he goes to itch and feels the earmuffs that he needs to leave his ears alone or the owies will come back. Poor little guy I know that can be so hard not to scratch an itch. I also think Nohelp4u had some great suggestions with adding omega fatty acids and flaxseed oil.

Oh by the way my daughters excema is only brought on by her allergy to cats so consider getting an allergy test done on him to see if something is triggering it.. she doesn't have excema anymore because we avoid cat households for now so hopefully you may find an answer! Good luck!
    fleecy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 02:28 AM
    Im sorry I don't have an answer for you but I have exactly the same going on. I suddenly developed this at around age 35... 5 years ago... Steroid cream heals it then a day or two later the hacks open up. Vaseline makes it worse. I have two wee patches of exzema on my ankles, more like dry skin. They have never ever bothered me in the slightest, but these hacks are a real nuisance. My doctor said that my hacks were exzema and offered no explanation as to why my earlobes would be under attack suddenly. Personally I am not convinced! I reckon its some sort of bacterial infection that the doctors have no knowledge of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How soon to re-pierce earlobes [ 4 Answers ]

I got my ears pierced 5 weeks ago and had to have the earrings removed by my doctor three days ago because they both had minor infections because the earrings were too short for my thick earlobes. I am looking forward to re-piercing my ears, but I don't know how soon. The infection, according to my...

1992 civic cuts out while driving and starts after a little while then cuts out [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 1992 civic and recently it just started cutting out while driving. The first day I was ready to get onto the freeway and it just cut out. It started again after a while and was okay getting home. It ran a little rough but made it home. The next day it was fine on the way to work but coming...

Can web cam hacks? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi this is sandy well I don't want to hack anything but I just wanted to ask you, is it possible can anybuddy see others web cam without their permission or can hackers hack their web cam while it is on and shown to other person weather that perticular person is showing it offline on massenger....

View more questions Search