Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbarfield Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Creditor refuses partial payment
    If I send in a payment to a place I owe money to and they refuse to take it, what can I do if they say the want more money or they want it in full?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2006, 04:59 AM
    Have they filed suit? From my experience, judges/magistrates are less apt to rule in favor of the creditor if you can show/prove that they've refused partial payments... that is UNLESS you made no attempt to make payments before the suit was filed.

I strongly encourage you to speak to a manager to try to arrange payments.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2006, 06:00 AM
    If a creditor refuses payment, they have dishonor the contract, by that refusal. You can file Notion of Default to them, showing they have dishonor payment and the contract is now discharged. Have the notice notarized.
    drew28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 05:35 PM
    What exactly must be said on a Notion of Default form and who all do I file it with?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Opps, Notice of Default, is a notice to the creditor that they have dishonor the contract by refusal of payment tender to them.

UCC code Dishonor link;

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/3/3-502.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a creditor garnish a bank account if there is a payment agreement? [ 3 Answers ]

A while back I asked a question for my friend who is disabled on social assistance, and was being bothered by creditors. Well, since that time, she has made arrangements with the creditors and is paying them $25 a month towards her debt, which is all she can afford with her low income. The...

What are my rights as a creditor [ 1 Answers ]

My husband went bankrupt after our divorce. I had an order for him owing me 35k, he hadn't paid for over a year, then he went bankrupt. We had not worked out a payment plan or anything, I don't think he should have been able to go bankrupt, can I fight this 2 years later? Also, he has a trustee...

Nasty Collector Refuses Payment [ 3 Answers ]

We have been dealing with this awful woman for months now, with threats of garnishment, imprisonment, and generally nasty insults. After a call this morning, we decided to just use our income tax check to pay off the debt completely. However, when we told her that would be sending her a post dated...

Collection agency refuses payment/papers filed [ 1 Answers ]

For the past six months I have been making monthly payments to a collection agency. Was told if I don't triple the amount I was sending, the agency was going to sue me. For four months the agency would call me at work and ask if I was going to triple the payment, if not they were going to sue....

Collection agency refuses payment [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to clear up 3 charges on my credit report. Had a very difficult year. Moved three times did not keep up with existing bills. I pulled credit report. Contacted 2 creditors, both in collections, both sending info and were more than happy that I wanted to make arrangements. Third one,...

View more questions Search