Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    l c g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 08:46 AM
    How do I find a senior needing care to live in my home and be paid.
    I am a registered homecare worker in Phoenix, Arizona. I am willing to open my home to a senior needing assistance in return for payment. Much like room and board only better as I can assist them with other needs. Is there someplace in the area that can help set up such a scenario so that both parties are compatible? Any ideas would be helpful.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 10:52 AM

You can advertise your service in the paper, register with community centres, hospitals, etc. Just make sure you are covered with the proper liability insurance if you plan on taking a senior or seniors into your home. You then will be classed as a nursing home to all intents and purposes which leaves you open to proper licensing where you are located. Up date your CPR and First Aid skills and take a course on medications. Then decide what senior disabilities you can cope with.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taking care of Mom and getting paid [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I take care of her mother and have for the last 5 years. I work and my wife does the actual home care with no assistance from two of her 3 sisters. The youngest sister comes twice a year for two weeks to give us a break. None of the sisters, (other than the youngest has offered)...

Needing full custody to live with my mother! [ 6 Answers ]

Me too!! Do you know what the sufficient age is of Nevada?

How much should I be getting paid for live-in care giver? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in North Dakota. I take care of an 82 year old man who has a prostetic leg, glass eye, pacemaker, & alzhimers. I am his ONLY care giver as he is very stubborn. Stubborn enough in fact that his wife moved out of his home 8 1/2 years ago. She hired me to take care of him. She told me that...

How can I get home without needing to pee? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a student and I live with 4 other girls in a shared house.We go out most weekends and come back on the night bus which can take over an hour and then a 10 min walk home. I'm always desperate to pee by the time we get off the bus (even if I've been before we leave the bar). Everyone moans...

Senior care [ 1 Answers ]

How to start a senior care agency

View more questions Search