Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txslovebug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Marriage on the Rocks!

Hi I'm at the end of my rope. I'm trying if being upset all the time but I can't help it. My hubby and I have been togather for 4 1/2 years but only married for a year 1/2. since we have been together he has got everything he has wanted a family and his tattoo shop. And when he started fixing the shop he started acting different ( like he hated everything and everyone) now his mom and dad had to move in with us because he is remolding their house for them now he is getting worst about everything. While his mom and dad have been hear his dad passed away and his mom is still here. I'm trying hard to understand why he is still being a jerk ( I understand his dad passed part but what I don't get is him treating me like I'm a maid in our home and his mom does it too I don't work I stay home to take care of the kids and I pay most of the bills with child support and I buy the food and I stand by him on what ever he does but he gets so upset all the time about everything so it makes me upset I tried talking to him about everything but he gets more mad. I see since his mom has been here he treats her like he use to treat me but now it is like me and the kids are not here to him and he has told me that no one matters to him but his mom so what do I do? Please help me this has been going on for 4 months and his dad just passed a week ago and I don't know what to do or say to him anymore with out upseting him thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 03:07 PM

Sounds like you need to get out of that arrangement asap. Sounds like he married you with every intention of wanting nothing more than a maid.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
    I think that there are probably a number of stressing elements here.

Your husband's father has just died and I think that he wants to look after his mother. If things have been bad for 4 months, I suspect it's because he's found his father's sickness and death hard to deal with. It's not unreasonable for him to say he wants to look after her at this time.

Although you've been unhappy for a while, I really believe that you should back off at the moment. The death of a parent - his father - is a huge thing to have to deal with and I would suggest that being loving and supportive is the best way you can respond.

Try and do some nice things for him to show him that you love him and let him know that you want to support him in his loss. Be patient. Of course he's going to be emotional! His father has only been dead a week.

Having said all that, don't let him or his mother treat you like a maid or treat you badly. Don't get mad, just be firm and gentle in your responses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage on the rocks [ 25 Answers ]

Hello, My husband and I have been living in separate rooms for 3 months. We don't talk and don't do anything together. He said he will file for divorce if I don't, but he hasn't filed yet.. and I don't know what's going on.. talking to him is useless.. Should just ignore him? Any advise on this?

Marriage still on the rocks part 2 [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys got some more questions. Ok, almost 3 weeks ago my husband of 18 months told me he felt he would be happier if he was single. We are both 25 and have been together for almost 10 years. I found out 1 week before he told me this that he and my best friend had been texting each other for 2...

Marriage still on the rocks [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I have posted a couple questions already. About 6 days ago my husband of almost 2 years told me he felt like he would be happier being single. Now we have been together for almost 10 years. We have no children. Honestly we have never been with anyone other than each other. We are both 25. I had...

My husband wanted me to abort marriage on the rocks [ 6 Answers ]

Pardon the long post... but I need someone to talk to... I was pregnant, and I told him.. Didn't get the reaction I expected from him in fact our relationship has changed drastically, he insisted that I get an abortion because it just isn't the right time for him/us and mostly because of his...

Rocks [ 1 Answers ]

Would iron-containing limestone make a good building stone for a monument?

View more questions Search